Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

59 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I want a big name...

I want to be able to add him to my Washington roster in Madden 22 and see the teams overall rating jumps 3 pts. 😁

Hell..forget an 85... 86 overall.

I want 94...95 overall..

OMG...CMC is coming here, isn't he? Lol

I mean honestly I don’t really see anyone outside of Gilmore who would even have that rating in FA right now lol.

im wondering if we go after Mathieu, even tho we signed Bobby back.

I could see Norwell, Turner, Mathieu, Wagner, Robinson, Juju, being guys we look at

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Myles Jack, Julio Jones and Austin Hooper would be nice additions and wouldn't cause us to lose a compensation pick. 

Jack and Hooper are probably realistic too. Jones will probably ring chase (which I get)

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Myles Jack, Julio Jones and Austin Hooper would be nice additions and wouldn't cause us to lose a compensation pick. 

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Jack and Hooper are probably realistic too. Jones will probably ring chase (which I get)

Jack to the Steelers. We’ve been doing an excellent job of getting guys immediately signed by just mentioning their names on the board. 

I will say, this is not one where I’m too upset. If we wanted Myles Jack, we could have just kept Collins for a similar/better version. He’s not a MLB, certainly not in the mold that RR/JDR are looking for. I think they have that WLB spot earmarked for Jamin Davis, and I think they’ve got to give that a shot.

Hooper, on the other hand, seems to make a lot of sense. Wentz has always loved to throw it to TEs, and that would be a nice way to help outfit him with some of the weapons they he needs to rely on. I’m a fan of John Bates, but especially with Thomas perhaps a question mark due to his ACL recovery, another reliable receiving TE would seem like a prudent move on a prove-it deal. 

I just cannot wrap my head around what they’re doing? Do they really think bringing in Wentz is just going to catapult this team to the playoffs? You can’t just sit free agency out when you’ve averaged 7 wins a season and cut a lot of contributors and let others just walk. 

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve been pushing the Norwell connection for a couple years — always figured JAX would cut him loose to save cap space, and they never did. 

There’s nothing particularly wrong with making the switch from Flowers to Norwell, although it will cost us the Settle comp pick. Don’t care about that, really. But you’re getting older, not sure you’re getting better, and you’re interrupting continuity on the OL. You need to save some money, and hopefully they will. 

They also need to be right. It seems like the only time these guys don’t just stick with the status quo is when they’ve got a chance to bring in some Carolina retread, and it’s rarely worked out for them. I’m hearing Donte Jackson too, and it’s leaving me wondering whether these guys have forgotten that Carolina generally sucked during RR’s last few years there — why are these the glory days we’re trying to rebuild?

• Like 1

Given that they’ve got pretty limited capacity to fill holes through the draft at this point, I’d like to see them target a good slot corner in FA. 

I typically hate doing that, because it’s a pretty volatile position from year to year, so even targeting guys who have previously been good can be a dangerous game. But a guy like Bryce Callahan or Tavon Young would be an important addition to our defense — when Danny Johnson came in last year and was something resembling a legitimate slot CB, it made a big difference in the overall secondary play. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’ve been pushing the Norwell connection for a couple years — always figured JAX would cut him loose to save cap space, and they never did. 

There’s nothing particularly wrong with making the switch from Flowers to Norwell, although it will cost us the Settle comp pick. Don’t care about that, really. But you’re getting older, not sure you’re getting better, and you’re interrupting continuity on the OL. You need to save some money, and hopefully they will. 

They also need to be right. It seems like the only time these guys don’t just stick with the status quo is when they’ve got a chance to bring in some Carolina retread, and it’s rarely worked out for them. I’m hearing Donte Jackson too, and it’s leaving me wondering whether these guys have forgotten that Carolina generally sucked during RR’s last few years there — why are these the glory days we’re trying to rebuild?

Im not to sure we lose the settle comp pick. I saw someone post on bleacher report that bc Jacksonville shortened his original contract that it won’t affect the comp picks, but I could be wrong. 

59 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Im not to sure we lose the settle comp pick. I saw someone post on bleacher report that bc Jacksonville shortened his original contract that it won’t affect the comp picks, but I could be wrong. 

Interesting. It looks like a lot of sources are saying that. 

Don’t really get it, but it works for me!