Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Given that they’ve got pretty limited capacity to fill holes through the draft at this point, I’d like to see them target a good slot corner in FA. 

I typically hate doing that, because it’s a pretty volatile position from year to year, so even targeting guys who have previously been good can be a dangerous game. But a guy like Bryce Callahan or Tavon Young would be an important addition to our defense — when Danny Johnson came in last year and was something resembling a legitimate slot CB, it made a big difference in the overall secondary play. 

Agreed, I've thought this is one of our top FA needs all offseason.  Honestly slot CB and MLB would be best filled with a vet IMO.  

44 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Cowboys releasing Lael Collins, I believe he plays both G and T. 28 years old might be someone who would be a nice pick up. Cosmi and Schweitzer coming back from injuries. 

One year prove it deal to get back at Dallas I like it. The money he might want scares me but if he is open to a fair deal I’m all about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Rich get richer. Allen Robinson to the Rams!

Maybe he didn’t want to come here for close to that money. Hard to speculate how much of a “contender”/“Hollywood” discount the Rams got.

If it was anywhere close, they should have signed him. What a perfect fit he would have been with Terry, Samuel, and Wentz.

I’m sure they were deeply preoccupied with protecting the last pick of the 3rd round in next year’s draft, though. 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

We really need Julio....

Come on bud!!! Julio has been breaking down he’s lost his explosion. A loaded class of WR and you are so hell bent on a number two your just throwing names out there with no thought of our gameplan, cost or how they fit in the locker room. This class of WR’s out here running nascar speeds and you want the older broken down guy. 5 years ago heck yeah. But we can get a much cheaper younger player who can really add to Terry and Curtis duece and cam in this draft

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Come on bud!!! Julio has been breaking down he’s lost his explosion. A loaded class of WR and you are so hell bent on a number two your just throwing names out there with no thought of our gameplan, cost or how they fit in the locker room. This class of WR’s out here running nascar speeds and you want the older broken down guy. 5 years ago heck yeah. But we can get a much cheaper younger player who can really add to Terry and Curtis duece and cam in this draft

I'd rather have 33 yr old Julio Jones, than a 22 yr old Josh Doctson.

14 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Every team misses. But 10 plus a season is a much more expensive mistake then any pick we will select and that’s the cheap side of what he costs. He’s been losing steps bud. I’m not saying he can’t go play with an elite QB and maybe flash. But we are more then likely not the team to get that flash resurgence. How about 25 yr old Terry though? You take Julio over him. The draft is a crap shoot. But there’s a chance. Julio is what he is. Breaking down

Edited by ripsean21

52 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Good thing we don't have either.

Signing Julio would do us no good. Our best chance at a solid #2 WR went out the window with Allen Robinson going to LA. They need to save their salary space to resign Terry McLaurin. I'd rather resign Cam Sims and DeAndre Carter to go with Terry and Curtis Samuel. Sign a possession WR on the cheap or draft one.

The big money at WR needs to be saved for Scary Terry.