Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

@RSkinGMSteelers fans said Schobert was truly awful in coverage last year. The Steelers didn’t re-sign him, they signed Myles Jack instead to start next to Devin Bush & they have Spillane as their main back up.

I think if we signed Schobert, he would take over Mayo’s role as our MLB/run down LB when we go 3 traditional LBs.

As I said in another thread, I think they’re dead set decided that Holcomb & Davis will play 100% of the snaps as those 2 LBs when we’re in the nickel & two of the LBs when we have 3 on the field. As it stands right now - unless we sign another starting quality LB like the ones HogsHaven mentioned above, Landon Collins or AJ Klein - our 3rd LB seems to be set as Mayo & Hudson splitting the time there. 

Mayo will be in there at MLB on run downs, and Hudson will play the Buffalo nickel on passing downs - meaning most 2nd & 3rd medium to long when we’re in the nickel.

They cannot roll into this season with David Mayo starting in any fashion. If they do, they have failed majorly. He is not a starter and we should not be plugging special teamers into important positions. If Mayo starts they should all be fired.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

They cannot roll into this season with David Mayo starting in any fashion. If they do, they have failed majorly. He is not a starter and we should not be plugging special teamers into important positions. If Mayo starts they should all be fired.

Maybe, maybe not. On run downs, Mayo playing was a good thing for us last season as the analysis of Mark Bullock shows. He showed that in his article. Trust me, I didn’t want to believe it either but, what he showed convinced me. 

Mayo or any LB we’d sign now or would’ve drafted wasn’t going to play more than Holcomb or Jamin Davis. They’re going to play Davis/Holcomb 100% of the snaps. It’s become clear that that’s the plan.

10 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

MLB is the position of need. I know Schobert can’t cover he would be in there to play the run. Not athletic to cover TE or RB. 

So you’re telling me that Mayo can’t play the run? Because last years tape would disagree with that opinion.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Maybe, maybe not. On run downs, Mayo playing was a good thing for us last season as the analysis of Mark Bullock shows. He showed that in his article. Trust me, I didn’t want to believe it either but, what he showed convinced me. 

Mayo or any LB we’d sign now or would’ve drafted wasn’t going to play more than Holcomb or Jamin Davis. They’re going to play Davis/Holcomb 100% of the snaps. It’s become clear that that’s the plan.

Oi Vey

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So you’re telling me that Mayo can’t play the run? Because last years tape would disagree with that opinion.

If you don’t think Schobert is an upgrade to Mayo move on to someone else. Mayo would not start for any team except WC. We need to upgrade the position. The only reason Mayo is on this team is that he’s an ex- Panther. 

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oi Vey

I don’t take Mark Bullock as a liar & he showed video evidence & analytics that back up what he was talking about it. You’re free to search for it yourself on Twitter or read his article about it.

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oi Vey

I don’t take Mark Bullock as a liar & he showed video evidence & analytics that back up what he was talking about it. You’re free to search for it yourself on Twitter or read his article about it.

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2022/3/8/22885082/about-washingtons-linebackers

Holcomb did a solid job, but Rivera pointed out that he’s much better on the outside where he doesn’t have the extra responsibility of making calls. When David Mayo played the Mike spot late in the season, the impact it had on the defense was clear to see.Mayo was able to make calls and adjustments and still fulfill his responsibilities quickly, which enabled Holcomb to play with less mental baggage and play faster too.”

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The fact your defending this is sad. This type of acceptance is what's keeps Rivera here another year yet the Team once again isn't winning Playoff or Super Bowl games. Winning Franchises don't just settle for a Mayo because he knows the defense. 

Us fans keep accepting mediocrity, Dan will continue to give that to Us. Along with the Coaches and Staff hired. 

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I certainly didn't have turtle defending David Mayo as a starter on my bingo card. 

Well, when Mark Bullock puts out evidence that our run D got better when Mayo played on run downs it convinced me. I wouldn’t be convinced if just Rivera was saying it. And as everyone knows, once again we play 2 linebackers 75% of the game. So, almost the entire game it will be Jamin & Holcomb on the field. At most Mayo is going to play on just 25% of the game on run downs. Anyone we’d sign or would’ve drafted wasn’t going to be out there a lot. It’s going to be the Jamin & Holcomb show.

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

The fact your defending this is sad. This type of acceptance is what's keeps Rivera here another year yet the Team once again isn't winning Playoff or Super Bowl games. Winning Franchises don't just settle for a Mayo because he knows the defense. 

Us fans keep accepting mediocrity, Dan will continue to give that to Us. Along with the Coaches and Staff hired. 

He’s barely going to play. He’ll just play on run downs, the linebackers for 100% of the snaps are going to be Jamin & Holcomb.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, when Mark Bullock puts out evidence that our run D got better when Mayo played on run downs it convinced me. I wouldn’t be convinced if just Rivera was saying it. And as everyone knows, once again we play 2 linebackers 75% of the game. So, almost the entire game it will be Jamin & Holcomb on the field. At most Mayo is going to play on just 25% of the game on run downs. Anyone we’d sign or would’ve drafted wasn’t going to be out there a lot. It’s going to be the Jamin & Holcomb show.

That show was pretty awful last year and your guy Davis wasn't on the field a lot. Your defending something that MANY saw didn't work but your like hey don't worry about. 

Again where does Hudson hit the field? 

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think the compensatory formula impact ends today at 4:00?  I couldn't find the exact date but I know it was the Monday after the draft last year.  I think we may see some signings this week. 

• Like 2