Free Agency- Possible Targets

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

They're not the same guy.

Mariota can at least run & scramble around. Much like Heiny. Which is why it would be good move. Scheme fit.

Mitch, not so much. 

Mitch is a runner. It’s literally one of his best qualities as a QB. They’re basically mirror images of one another. Basically the same tools. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

He sure seems to be a young guy on the rise. Good job by Turtle spotlighting him .

It’s what I do! Sadly, it’s not what the Commanders do! It still feels weird to write that & will for a year or two probably. 

This organization especially under Rivera so far can’t see the forest for the trees!

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Mitch is a runner. It’s literally one of his best qualities as a QB. They’re basically mirror images of one another. Basically the same tools. 

I would say that Mariota is a better runner than Mitch but, I do agree that they’re similar. They’re athletic when both were successful - for the 1 year of their careers so far - it was with a heavy zone read offense and RPO offense that was built around the running game which is what I thought we should’ve done with Heinicke last year too.

Heinicke is the same type of QB as them too, Heinicke is just smaller and doesn’t have their arm strength.

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

This is the Vet I'd spend money,doubt we can lure him but the leader and player/coach he'd be to Cole and Jamin is worth more then whatever he'd get.

I bet he ends up in Denver. I seriously doubt he’d come here. Possibly Dallas even. 

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

This is the Vet I'd spend money,doubt we can lure him but the leader and player/coach he'd be to Cole and Jamin is worth more then whatever he'd get.

This times 1000. Give him whatever he wants. Sign him Coach! Gas up that Jet Mrs. Snyder.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Always loved Bobby Wagners game. Never got the credit he deserves. Would be a great signing 

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Can’t overpay to get him. Has to be a 2 or 3 year deal with the ability for us to get out of the deal after 1 year.

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Bobby Wagner would surely solidify our defense being the QB in the middle. 
3yr/50m gets it done?

No way can we give him that contract. I actually think we don’t have a chance even if we offered that. He’ll end up being the Broncos MLB. He’s going to follow Russ IMO & try to win another Super Bowl next year.

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I bet he ends up in Denver. I seriously doubt he’d come here. Possibly Dallas even. 

This might be one where you pay him what it takes to come aboard, I think. 

I mean, if there’s one spot where we could hope we can convince a guy to come play for us, maybe it’s a LB. Rivera and JDR have pretty good pedigree with LBs, and obviously this is a guy who is going to want to play for a group that will treat him with respect and give him the freedom to do what he does.

He’s only 32 by the start of the season. Good MLBs can play a long time, and he is still excellent (as we saw firsthand this past season). He could take this defense from an amalgamation of poorly fitting pieces to a true unit. I’d be all-in and force him to say no.