Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I always wonder beyond all this why these guys haven't been signed. Could be there ARE offers, but they want to go to contenders and are waiting to see if teams like us truly are competitve.

Or nobody really wants them... 

Has to be a cost/benefit analysis thing. I imagine quite a few players get knocked for their age and contract demands. Honestly I don't mind them not going big for some of the FAs (even though I wanted Wagner and Mathieu really bad). The problem I have is that the people behind our starting LBs are neither young nor talented. Bring in a bunch of young guys if that is the route you are going. Wasting roster space for players like Bostic and Mayo are the reasons I question the "direction" of the team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Has to be a cost/benefit analysis thing. I imagine quite a few players get knocked for their age and contract demands.

You're absolutely correct. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly I don't mind them not going big for some of the FAs (even though I wanted Wagner and Mathieu really bad). The problem I have is that the people behind our starting LBs are neither young nor talented.

Our depth is severely lacking. I just feel like we're going to be reactive to this situation biting us in the butt and then it'll be too late. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Has to be a cost/benefit analysis thing. I imagine quite a few players get knocked for their age and contract demands. Honestly I don't mind them not going big for some of the FAs (even though I wanted Wagner and Mathieu really bad). The problem I have is that the people behind our starting LBs are neither young nor talented. Bring in a bunch of young guys if that is the route you are going. Wasting roster space for players like Bostic and Mayo are the reasons I question the "direction" of the team. 

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

I would say at least in terms of Bostic that I’m sure they hope he helps Jamin become a pro & helps him develop. So, when you think about it that way, it’s not a bad signing if he can help Jamin & to a lesser extent Eifler get to where he needs to be.

Since we did that though, I don’t understand why we kept Mayo?

For me it’s one or the other. One vet who’s back up quality I’m cool w/, but not 2. And why isn’t AJ Klein an option? That’s a mystery, maybe he doesn’t want to play unless he’s starting though. We don’t know those answers.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

I would say at least in terms of Bostic that I’m sure they hope he helps Jamin become a pro & helps him develop. So, when you think about it that way, it’s not a bad signing if he can help Jamin & to a lesser extent Eifler get to where he needs to be.

Since we did that though, I don’t understand why we kept Mayo?

For me it’s one or the other. One vet who’s back up quality I’m cool w/, but not 2. And why isn’t AJ Klein an option? That’s a mystery, maybe he doesn’t want to play though. We don’t know those answers.

Handle your this in the off-season and you might not have this issue. Arizona drafted LB's in back to back 1st rounds 2020 and 2021. Why wasn't Rivera thinking about Davis poor rookie year this past draft? Because more playing time was gonna prove him what? 

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

Handle your this in the off-season and you might not have this issue. Arizona drafted LB's in back to back 1st rounds 2020 and 2021. Why wasn't Rivera thinking about Davis poor rookie year this past draft? Because more playing time was gonna prove him what? 

Yeah & both of their LBs they drafted struggled in their rookie seasons. Isaiah Simmons came on last year in his 2nd year. Zaven Collins only started 6 games as a rookie, he had 25 tackles. 

Jamin as a rookie had 76 tackles & 1 sack. Jamin also had as much, arguably more production than the Cardinals 2020 #8 overall pick Isaiah Simmons. Jamin needs to show more & improve as the season goes on, but it’s not like he’s alone as the only young LB who’s made some mistakes & still has more development to do.

Look I get it, we see Jamin play all the time & we see the little mistakes he makes & then people go to the All-22 and show all of us his mistakes, the beat reporters ask Del Rio about it and he gives a brutally honest assessment of Jamin in week 1 BUT other young LBs are making these same mistakes, we just don’t see it up close.

In 2019 The Steelers traded up to the 10th pick for Devin Bush in round 1 and gave up their 19th pick, their 2nd round pick & a 2020 3rd round pick and by a lot of Steelers fans & reporters accounts Bush has been a bust. 

Edited by turtle28

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah & both of their LBs they drafted struggled in their rookie seasons. Isaiah Simmons came on last year. Zaven Collins only started 6 games as a rookie, he had 25 tackles. 

Jamin as a rookie had 76 tackles & 1 sack. Jamin also had as much, arguably more production than the Cardinals 2020 #8 overall pick Isaiah Simmons. He needs to show more & improve as the season goes on, but it’s not like he’s alone as the only young LB who’s made some mistakes & still has more development to do.

Look I get it, we see Jamin play all the time & we see the little mistake he makes & then people go to the All-22 and show all of us his mistakes, the beat reporters ask Del Rio about it and he gives a brutally honest assessment of Jamin in week 1 BUT other young LBs are making these same mistakes, we just don’t see it up close.

The Steelers traded up to the 10th pick for Devin Bush in round 1 and gave up their 19th pick, their 2nd round pick & a 2020 3rd round pick and by a lot of Steelers fans & reporters accounts Bush has been a bust. 

Don't ignore the point, Arizona saw what Simmons did and didn't say "O maybe we should just ignore the position" (or possibly the BPA) unlike Rivera and Washington. Washington allowed Davis to have a poor Rookie year and did nothing at his position to Increase the chances of better play from that spot this year. Arizona in back to back years tried to improve the position! 

If your gonna continue to stand on this "playing time is gonna make Davis better" I disagree and I just want you to stand on that everytime it cost us. Once again Him alone could've cost the Team 2 TDs in last week games. Swift and Sanders (our next 2 opponents) are catching those TDs. 

8 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Don't ignore the point, Arizona saw what Simmons did and didn't say "O maybe we should just ignore the position" (or possibly the BPA) unlike Rivera and Washington. Washington allowed Davis to have a poor Rookie year and did nothing at his position to Increase the chances of better play from that spot this year. Arizona in back to back years tried to improve the position! 

If your gonna continue to stand on this "playing time is gonna make Davis better" I disagree and I just want you to stand on that everytime it cost us. Once again Him alone could've cost the Team 2 TDs in last week games. Swift and Sanders (our next 2 opponents) are catching those TDs. 

If that was your point, you needed to explain it better in your previous post. I can’t read your mind.

The Cardinals took the best player available when they drafted. And he proceeded to not do crap as a rookie.

Washington took Jahan Dotson this draft who they felt was the best player on the board after they traded down in the draft. Dotson just won rookie of the week in the first week of the season with 2 TDs, you going to trade that for Devin Lloyd or Quay Walker who might have just played special teams for us behind Holcomb & Jamin Davis last Sunday?

I take Dotson. The kids a playmaker & might have the best hands in the draft. He helped win us the game week 1. 

You don’t force a need in round 1 with a draft pick. You take the best player available. 

Maybe you don’t like Jahan Dotson, the rookie of the week, but I wouldn’t trade him for Devin Lloyd.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If that was your point, you needed to explain it better in your previous post. I can’t read your mind.

The Cardinals took the best player available when they drafted. And he proceeded to not do crap as a rookie.

Washington took Jahan Dotson this draft who they felt was the best player on the board after they traded down in the draft. Dotson just won rookie of the week in the first week of the season with 2 TDs, you going to trade that for Devin Lloyd or Quay Walker who might have just played special teams for us behind Holcomb & Jamin Davis last Sunday?

I take Dotson. The kids a playmaker & might have the best hands in the draft. He helped win us the game week 1. 

You don’t force a need in round 1 with a draft pick. You take the best player available. 

Maybe you don’t like Jahan Dotson, the rookie of the week, but I wouldn’t trade him for Devin Lloyd.

Have fun by yourself now.