Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

On 11/15/2022 at 5:26 PM, aceinthehouse said:

What about that Chargers guy, that was cut.

I hear a bunch of fans want their teams to pick him up. No idea who he is.

I think he's a DE

One thing we don’t need is more DEs. We have Tez, JSW, Obada & Toohill. Then, Chase is about to come back while Shaka & WBK are still on the team too. Shaka has been a good special teams player. My guess is when Chase is activated though that Shaka might have to go back on the practice squad along with WBK.

52 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

We need another tight end 

Logan is is done bates isn’t a catching threat and cole turner hasn’t shown a lot yet due to his concussion 

Logan isn’t “done.” The first half of the season he was working his way back from a torn ACL. He’s now healthy & open often, it’s just Heinicke doesn’t throw much to the TEs & when Wentz was in there for some reason he wasn’t very consistent in the short to intermediate range probably bc he often threw off his back foot & was often inaccurate just like Heinicke is at times bc he’s throwing off his back foot like on Heinicke’s int vs the Vikings when he sailed the ball over Logan’s head when he was wide open  10 yards downfield. Taylor also had Samuel wide open to the right side in-front of him 5-10 yards downfield. I still can’t believe how awful that int throw was vs the Vikings, just unbelievable.

Logan gets open, it’s just that Heinicke is targeting WRs more than he’s targeting TEs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really think this team made a mistake not being in on the Roquan Smith trade deal. (Or any LB for that matter)

We are sitting at pick #20 now with our current record and a stretch of games that could have us on the outside of the playoffs and a middle pick again. 

I hate when we are good enough to not be terrible but bad enough to never be great. If you are buying in for this season, they should have swung big. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:41 PM, turtle28 said:

Logan isn’t “done.” The first half of the season he was working his way back from a torn ACL. He’s now healthy & open often, it’s just Heinicke doesn’t throw much to the TEs & when Wentz was in there for some reason he wasn’t very consistent in the short to intermediate range probably bc he often threw off his back foot & was often inaccurate just like Heinicke is at times bc he’s throwing off his back foot like on Heinicke’s int vs the Vikings when he sailed the ball over Logan’s head when he was wide open  10 yards downfield. Taylor also had Samuel wide open to the right side in-front of him 5-10 yards downfield. I still can’t believe how awful that int throw was vs the Vikings, just unbelievable.

Logan gets open, it’s just that Heinicke is targeting WRs more than he’s targeting TEs.

Cole Turner was running wide open on an under route on that interception he threw before halftime .  Easy several yards and time on the clock. Who the heck was he throwing to anyway . Not a WFT player in the frame .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I really think this team made a mistake not being in on the Roquan Smith trade deal. (Or any LB for that matter)

We are sitting at pick #20 now with our current record and a stretch of games that could have us on the outside of the playoffs and a middle pick again. 

I hate when we are good enough to not be terrible but bad enough to never be great. If you are buying in for this season, they should have swung big. 

I think an upgrade on the Oline would have made a bigger impact than another linebacker. 

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think an upgrade on the Oline would have made a bigger impact than another linebacker. 

Honestly the offensive line hasn't been playing bad lately. Zero sacks the last two (texans and falcons, but eh) and a solid performance run blocking. 

Then you look at Jon Bostic starting at LB for us. Seriously not ideal. I don't think they needed to break the bank for an upgrade over him. Our LB play would be our weakest link if Jamin didnt start playing pretty well. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly the offensive line hasn't been playing bad lately. Zero sacks the last two (texans and falcons, but eh) and a solid performance run blocking. 

Then you look at Jon Bostic starting at LB for us. Seriously not ideal. I don't think they needed to break the bank for an upgrade over him. Our LB play would be our weakest link if Jamin didnt start playing pretty well. 

We've already invested a premium draft pick in Jamin Davis though, I just don't see the need to expend even more high draft picks for a non premium position like an off ball linebacker. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We've already invested a premium draft pick in Jamin Davis though, I just don't see the need to expend even more high draft picks for a non premium position like an off ball linebacker. 

How many years have we watched TEs and RBs torch us in the passing game? We have one decent linebacker right now. We have no true middle LB and we get eaten alive when any lineman makes it past the first level. 

Don't get me wrong, if they had someone targeted that could play guard effectively they should have traded for them too but LB has been thin all year and if Jamin Davis gets hurt, our defense will crumble. Mayo and Bostic as our two LBs would be worst case scenario. 

If we cut Thomas, and want to roll with Turner, Bates, Rogers, and a FA - a guy like Marcedes Lewis if he still wants to play and mentor. Josh Oliver too.

I'd like to get a guard - Nate Davis will probably command a lot of money. Guys like David Edwards and Dalton Risner may be a little cheaper. It's a weak FA market. 

There are a lot of FA corners that we could fill. Rock Ya Sin, Greedy Williams, Mike Hughes

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

To be fair, they couldn’t. It was of their own doing of course but their second and third round pick was tied up in the Wentz trade.

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

To be fair, they couldn’t. It was of their own doing of course but their second and third round pick was tied up in the Wentz trade.

It's actually pretty simple. You guarentee Wentz doesn't play another down by not activating him from IR and then ship off the 2nd round pick. Obviously they preferred the QB controversy thing and and no LB help. So, eh. 

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

It's actually pretty simple. You guarentee Wentz doesn't play another down by not activating him from IR and then ship off the 2nd round pick. Obviously they preferred the QB controversy thing and and no LB help. So, eh. 

Wentz wasn’t hurt yet was he? Can’t remember honestly