Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, you can’t re-sign somewhere that won’t pay you

Are you suggesting that the reports that they offered him a contract to be the highest paid player at his position, were false?

Genuinely curious. I'd imagine this had less to do with money and more to do with the damn good culture going on here.

Edited by Slappy Mc

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Are you suggesting that the reports that they offered him a contract to be the highest paid player at his position, were false?

Genuinely curious. I'd imagine this had less to do with money and more to do with the damn good culture going on here.

Right? We leaked that to prove we tried. It's easy for them to deny, something his agent never did. He just wasn't ever staying. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

This team has leaked stuff like this before. Albeit, that was under different management but the owner has stayed the same. Now, I wouldn’t pay Scherff because it’s too much money to dedicate to a guy who can’t stay healthy but this team is going to miss him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Right? We leaked that to prove we tried. It's easy for them to deny, something his agent never did. He just wasn't ever staying. 

I'm not faulting the guy. I just think it should be stated that for all their faults, it sounds like they did try to keep Scherff. He chose to go elsewhere. Good luck.

Hopefully his contract is the highest ever for the position so we get a decent comp from him. 

His health and questionable play for me was enough to not want them to pay him top dollar, but it isnt my money. 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This team has leaked stuff like this before. Albeit, that was under different management but the owner has stayed the same. Now, I wouldn’t pay Scherff because it’s too much money to dedicate to a guy who can’t stay healthy but this team is going to miss him. 

This regime has leaked a few things as well.  As long as this team isn’t winning consistently, the leaks will occur. 

• Like 1

Some of the money being thrown around for players is wild.

Rivera is better off being aggressive in the discount bin. Mid-tier players on short-term deals.

Big money free agents rarely work. Not just here in Washington, but everywhere.

Off topic, but they should definitely trade down in 1st round to recoup more picks. Especially if they are targeting WR in the first round. There are plenty. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Rivera is better off being aggressive in the discount bin. Mid-tier players on short-term deals.

Off topic, but they should definitely trade down in 1st round to recoup more picks. Especially if they are targeting WR in the first round. There are plenty. 

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

5 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Christian Kirk - I mean talk about ridiculous.

Terry McLaurin's price just went up. 

10 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I do agree with that.  Though I would not argue with a top-end addition at FS.  

The Brandon Scherff deal reminds me of the Andrew Norwall deal for the same Jags for a similar player.  

I know we got money to spend for FA's.

Apparently, were 1 of 3 teams sniffing around Safety Marcus Williams (saints). The Jets & Lions being the other 2.

He's being rumored to command anywhere from 12-16m a yr.

He's a good player, but that's ridiculous.

I'd rather shoot for Kyle Hamilton or draft one in the 2nd Rd.

And pour our resources in LBer, TE possibly & O-line if necessary.

Hell, honestly.

Id rather call up Arizona & see what they want for S/LB Isaiah Simmons. (Landon Collins role)

More inertia from Ron and the Inside-The-Box Boyz. 

There’s just absolutely no creativity with this FO. There were options for them at DT, largely related to having depth and a good young reserve like Settle at the position — specifically, trading Payne or trading/cutting Ioannidis to free up financial resources and to potentially bring back some draft assets to recoup what they gave up for Wentz. Especially because I don’t see how you can justify paying Payne after you paid Allen and hope to pay Sweat/Young down the road.

But instead, as usual, it’s the straight-line approach. Nothing to rock the boat or shake things up. Nothing to get ahead of an impending problem (the DL salary crunch) and try to solve it a year early instead of a year late. Just the typical approach of waiting until they’re absolutely forced to make a decision, and then being disappointed to see that their hands are tied. Just like with Scherff. 

It’s just a very .500 approach.

• Like 1