? Week 10: Jets (4-5) @ Buccaneers (2-6)

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, SappDaddyDance said:

Sorry for the back and forth, but if you recall last year, even when he went on his "tear" during his rookie season he was targeting Humpheries on the screen we all knew they would run, and the 10 to 15 yard in routes. He excels and has excelled when he's throwing intermediate passes in the middle of the field and when he gets in rhythm, just like any QB that comes out... The offense this year has looked forced when hes out here as it seems there was too much of attempt (which could be him, or Dirk or most likely a combo of both) to force the deep ball when that was only effective off the run, which until today was non existent

I guess we will find out next year. But it'll be interesting to see who he works with next. 

Call me crazy but I think koetter will get one more year but he may be forced to make some changes. Hire an OC to call plays and new DCD.C.

12 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I guess we will find out next year. But it'll be interesting to see who he works with next. 

Call me crazy but I think koetter will get one more year but he may be forced to make some changes. Hire an OC to call plays and new DCD.C.

Yea im torn on this because I really want a new HC but it really really sucks starting over lol and I guess if Koetter makes some changes I would be ok.  I know the team is talented and not rebuilding but everytime a new coach comes in it feels like it.  Either way we could also be like the Rams or Bills (I know they just got smashed today) but yea I think we have a more talented team than the Bills and maybe on par with the Rams maybe... we just don't have the coaching it seems to get the best out of this team and put our players in position to succeed.

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is the truth. And there's nothing wrong with that. But we need a scheme that doesn't try to force him to do it. It's a waste.

If we're gonna keep David free from blitzing and use his speed/instincts to dart around the LOS, then we're doing it right. At least for him. Not stunting every snap helps the dline, and we saw it today. Bad oline or not, five sacks is nothing to scoff at.

Now if only we could force our CBs to play closer to the LOS...

Also, it's completely ridiculous that it (again) took half the season to figure out how to properly utilize our personnel. I don't even know if we'll use this tape and realize that we might be onto something. And I'm not saying our defense is suddenly fixed. But the coaching staff needs to really pay attention to what happened today if they want to keep their jobs.

Yea Beckwith isn't the best for that position either but if its him or david Im taking him..  He has probably 20-25 lbs on David so it helps for sure and maybe Beckwith could thrive in that Strongside blitzing role who knows..

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Whoda think this punk, this diva who shows frustration when he doesn't get the ball, would be such a strong, positive voice in the locker room.

Gotta hand it to him. And hopefully his message was strong enough for a team that didn't look like one that's given up quite yet.

For a guy that had off the field questions, he's certainly been a big boost for us. Now if only we could connect on all those deep passes, when he leaves DBs in his dust, for (what should be) six.

This is good stuff. Forget about coaches and GMs for a second. One thing this team needs more than anything is to be united by a common voice that is like theirs (not a coach). Jameis more than anyone should sit back and take note of how a grown man, who has had more success in the NFL than he has had, leads a team when they are winning and when they are losing. Honestly, the weird antics Jameis calls "leadership" need to fade and he needs to mature the rah rah crazy eye pep talks. Hopefully, seeing how DJax has earned the team's respect and voice for the locker room, Jameis realizes how a grown man leads in the NFL. This isn't FSU anymore. Coaches will not get through like a respected peer can so thank you DJax. It would be cool if the team started turning to DJax for leadership and Jameis had to earn being the player "voice of the locker room" back. I think it would be good for him and grow his leadership.

Well done DJax. I was wrong about you.

Lets keep it all the way real. Bucs simply won because they were the more talented team and won the field position game for the most part. I'd give credit to the defense but the Jets offense kinda blows so no. Fitzpatrick was garbage for most of the day with his inaccuracy but made good decisions for the most part. Next week maybe he will be better because clearly the timing is off with some of these throws. My guess with the lack of live game reps. Either way, I think we win this game with Winston too probably a bigger margin.

Good job defense. Keep it up with the sacks.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Lets keep it all the way real. Bucs simply won because they were the more talented team and won the field position game for the most part. I'd give credit to the defense but the Jets offense kinda blows so no. Fitzpatrick was garbage for most of the day with his inaccuracy but made good decisions for the most part. Next week maybe he will be better because clearly the timing is off with some of these throws. My guess with the lack of live game reps. Either way, I think we win this game with Winston too probably a bigger margin.

Good job defense. Keep it up with the sacks.

Yuuup. Jets really wanted us to win. The drops they had were abysmal. but a W is a W is I will take it.

I know I said 7-9 year a few weeks ago but 5-11 seems more realistic. We played like complete crap yesterday and just played a team that played like more crap.

On a positive note, our kicker(the position we were cursed at most) seems to be the real deal. Won't have to waste any 2nd round(or any) picks on kicker next draft.

18 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Honestly I compare winston to Blake bortles. Lit up the stat sheet. Got a lot of garbage time stats. Sloppy mechanics and poor accuracy. 

Time to beef up the DL and offensive line and get a ground and pound approach to limit the amount of throws and simplify the offense and see if he can just be the qb who isn't relied on to have to make throws to win you ball games  

Garbage comparison. This needs to be checked and left at the front door. Last year Winston has some phenomenal games under his belt against quality opponents that he single handily help us win. Let me know when Bortles can lead his team to tough wins against a top Chiefs defense and Seahawks defense back to back weeks.

Archived