Around the NFL

lumberjackchris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

its pretty ridiculous that a player like Saquon is struggling to get the Cole Kmet $. A guy like that makes the team better and should be paid. Maybe the solution is larger base guaranteed $ but with more incentives to even it out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tab said:

its pretty ridiculous that a player like Saquon is struggling to get the Cole Kmet $. A guy like that makes the team better and should be paid. Maybe the solution is larger base guaranteed $ but with more incentives to even it out

The issue with individual  incentives is that then guys feel like they have to do more individually to get that $- at the expense of team chemistry & possibly injuring themself (e.g. staying in the game when clearly tired to avoid someone vulturing a TD in the redzone).

But I agree there has to be some middle ground to compensate RBs fairly.

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, jch1911 said:

The issue with individual  incentives is that then guys feel like they have to do more individually to get that $- at the expense of team chemistry & possibly injuring themself (e.g. staying in the game when clearly tired to avoid someone vulturing a TD in the redzone).

But I agree there has to be some middle ground to compensate RBs fairly.

It's got to be better than getting nothing, right? I just keep thinking of the Cowboys last year and how important Tony Pollard is to that offense. If RBs are so plug-and-play, maybe incentives could be more of a built in thing for that position, that way a guy who is coming in for another player has the chance to make $ based on performance. Especially for RBs who's careers can be shorter than others. Idk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think it’s overlooked how the 49ers were willing to move on from a costly 1st rounder and a proven vet to go with Purdy. That says a lot about their mentality to put the best player out there regardless of experience or draft position 

a lot of teams wouldnt do that. 

Purdy has IT. They probably knew from Day 1 that Lance was a bust.