How'd I do?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How'd I do?

• Great
    • Good
    • Meh
    • Maybe try soccer

35 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I went meh, Zion Johnson isnt a bad pick but I think both Trent McDuffie and Jameson Williams are better for us.

Were set to lose Beasley, Sanders and McKenzie so WR would be big for us 

It’s funny I actually had Olave/Williams to Buffalo for a while but was called crazy for mocking them a receiver lol. Good to know, will likely give them one again next time

35 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

OP, you should at least give details of the trade, it's obvious the Broncos are just swapping #9 for #20 but you leave out the rest, how can that be fair ??

Wasn’t sure if I had to give compensation or not for the trades, I usually do

Obviously it wouldn’t be 9 for 20 straight up. Denver and Pittsburgh agreed to a similar trade in 2019 (10 to 20) which net Denver an extra 2nd and 3rd. Probably along those lines

21 minutes ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

Obviously it wouldn’t be 9 for 20 straight up. Denver and Pittsburgh agreed to a similar trade in 2019 (10 to 20) which net Denver an extra 2nd and 3rd. Probably along those lines

Usually trading up for a QB cost more, I'd probably liken it more to what CHI gave last year, inflation is a beotch. For DEN, I would expect at least a 2023 1st, 2023 3rd and 2022 4th to make that swap. 

1 hour ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

Pfft if Denver doesn't want that trade in your next mock for a 2nd and 3rd and somehow 1 of  Hamilton, Hutch, Thibs, Neal, or Ekwonu the true top 5 elite prospects don't make it to 8.  Then by god make that trade with the Falcons we can fall to 20 or so and still get a similar talent guy as we could at 8 and get more picks to add more lineman, WR's, RB, LB, or Edge rushers  because lord knows we need some talent infusion and need more picks to do it to help the cap space out as well.   1 of those top 5 guys are worthy at staying at 8 for imo though.  After them  i don't see a difference between  Dean at 8 and Lloyd at 20  or a Ojabo at 8 and a Johnson/Karlaftis at 20 heck we might even luck into a random Jordan Davis, Sauce, Stingley, or Mcduffie at 20 or so as well.  This draft is super deep in the 1st 3 rounds and i want alot of picks in those 3.

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Usually trading up for a QB cost more, I'd probably liken it more to what CHI gave last year, inflation is a beotch. For DEN, I would expect at least a 2023 1st, 2023 3rd and 2022 4th to make that swap. 

Genuine question, how much does the price inflate if it’s not obvious? Like let’s say Pittsburgh wants to trade up to 9 but for a lineman - does the team trading down just assume they’ll take a QB and ask for more? It’s not like that team would know who they’re picking 

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I went meh, Zion Johnson isnt a bad pick but I think both Trent McDuffie and Jameson Williams are better for us.

Pats fan and I prey to God you don't get Johnson. What a nightmare for the Pats. You just don't know how good he is. Future ALL Pro blocking for Allen!! Yikes.

Just now, m haynes said:

Pats fan and I prey to God you don't get Johnson. What a nightmare for the Pats. You just don't know how good he is. Future ALL Pro blocking for Allen!! Yikes.

Yea I have an idea. But i think looking at our big picture, McDuffie and Williams are better picks. We have to navigate the salary cap over the next few seasons and our 1st goes a long way towards that problem. I think WR and DT are our biggest needs with OL a distant 3rd.

Trent McDuffie fits our scheme like a glove

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

Genuine question, how much does the price inflate if it’s not obvious? Like let’s say Pittsburgh wants to trade up to 9 but for a lineman - does the team trading down just assume they’ll take a QB and ask for more? It’s not like that team would know who they’re picking 

See last years NYG (#11) to CHI (#20 + 2021 5th(#165) + 2022 1st + 2022 4th ) for the Fields trade. A LOT more realistic the the Devin Bush trade IMO. 

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Perfect.  Let Zion come on down to #31.  CB works, but I like Zion way more than the Cbs left

i like ikem for the jags but could easily be thibs cuz outside of Josh Allen(the better Josh Allen(if you dont believe me check into the jags bills games last year() we have almost no one worth starting at edge.  smoots fine and dandy but hes a rotational guy and Chaisson is at this point a bust like Mingo even tho we changed schemes that he would appear to be better suited for. 

Terrible trade and pick for the Steelers.

In no world is Malik Willis worth that kind of investment. 

Keep us at 20.   Give us Green or Zion Johnson.

Edited by 43M

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Terrible trade and pick for the Steelers.

In no world is Malik Willis worth that kind of investment.   Thats absolutely laughable.,  

I get the feeling you’re not a fan of Willis

In no world is trading from 20 to 9 for a potential franchise QB “laughable” even if you disagree with it

I don’t even want to know what you thought about the Lance trade last year

Just now, Nickpeloso17 said:

I get the feeling you’re not a fan of Willis

In no world is trading from 20 to 9 for a potential franchise QB “laughable” even if you disagree with it

I don’t even want to know what you thought about the Lance trade last year

First off, Willis is a small school prospect and he wasnt anything special at all.   Yes, he has top notch athleticism and arm strength, but he has iffy accuracy, he is small and he wasnt some type of small school phenom either.       There is a reason there are no successful QBs like that in the NFL.

Secondly, the Steelers have no OLine, a ton of holes over the team, and you want us to trade what is likely a future first for an extremely raw project QB who is an undersized, one read QB?

Yes, thats laughable.   Im not 100% saying our front office wouldnt be dumb enough to do it....but yes, its laughable.

As far as Lance...not sure what your point is.    Its a completely different situation.     SF was in better position to make a risky pick than we are.     On top of that, you say that like Lance has proven....anything.    I didnt have a strong opinion of him either way, but no, I didnt think it was a GREAT move.     Still dont.    We will see....but either way, the 49ers had a decent vet ahead of him so he didnt have to start right away, a mastermind offensive coach, and a better overall team.     The Steelers have no one for him to really learn behind except garbage Mason Rudolph, our offensive coaches are clueless, and our team needs a ton of work.

Steelers giving up 2 first round picks for a guy who would be a 3rd round pick in most drafts would be braindead....even moreso when you factor in our situation.

But, our front office is run by dopes, so it could happen.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

First off, Willis is a small school prospect and he wasnt anything special at all.   Yes, he has top notch athleticism and arm strength, but he has iffy accuracy, he is small and he wasnt some type of small school phenom either.       There is a reason there are no successful QBs like that in the NFL.

Secondly, the Steelers have no OLine, a ton of holes over the team, and you want us to trade what is likely a future first for an extremely raw project QB who is an undersized, one read QB?

Yes, thats laughable.   Im not 100% saying our front office wouldnt be dumb enough to do it....but yes, its laughable.

As far as Lance...not sure what your point is.    Its a completely different situation.     SF was in better position to make a risky pick than we are.     On top of that, you say that like Lance has proven....anything.    I didnt have a strong opinion of him either way, but no, I didnt think it was a GREAT move.     Still dont.    We will see....but either way, the 49ers had a decent vet ahead of him so he didnt have to start right away, a mastermind offensive coach, and a better overall team.     The Steelers have no one for him to really learn behind except garbage Mason Rudolph, our offensive coaches are clueless, and our team needs a ton of work.

Steelers giving up 2 first round picks for a guy who would be a 3rd round pick in most drafts would be braindead....even moreso when you factor in our situation.

But, our front office is run by dopes, so it could happen.

You call Willis a small school QB like he had to settle because nobody wanted him… you realize he transferred from Auburn, right?

The Trey Lance/Malik Willis comparison is obviously referring to how raw they are as prospects - there are problems with their game but under the right coaching and/or scheme they could be special because they have special traits. Not to mention these guys are 22-24 years old. You really think he’s done growing as a player before even stepping foot in an NFL facility?

Also don’t know why you’re adding words I never said - comparing a Willis draft night trade to the Lance draft night trade isn’t at all saying Lance is a proven QB, no idea where you pulled that from

Pittsburgh now and SF last year are very comparable roster-wise. I mean what more are you looking for, Pittsburgh has a better roster than Cincinnati and they made it to the Super Bowl. You need a QB.

So no I wouldn’t say trading up for Willis is laughable, I’d say assuming he’ll be a bad prospect because he’s from Liberty and looks like a RB to you is laughable