2022 Official Salary Cap and Free Agency

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Williams makes all of the world of sense to me. Robinson is a bit more of a question mark. He's 28 years old. He's going to command big money. You're either going to be paying him at his highest while we're still a rebuilding team or we're going to pay him at his highest when he's older and arguably less effective. I'm not sure if Goff is our QBOTF (at least short-term) or not but until that is clear, spending money on a big FA WR doesn't seem to make a ton of sense. 

I agree with you on this.  Marcus Williams will settle down our secondary and he is still fairly young.  I like Allen Robinson but he is a little older and will not be cheap.  Considering how may good WR prospects there are in the draft this year, I would prefer they sign Cedric Wilson or Russel Gage and take a WR in the late-first or early second round.

4 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I agree with you on this.  Marcus Williams will settle down our secondary and he is still fairly young.  I like Allen Robinson but he is a little older and will not be cheap.  Considering how may good WR prospects there are in the draft this year, I would prefer they sign Cedric Wilson or Russel Gage and take a WR in the late-first or early second round.

How would you feel about the Lions signing Williams AND drafting Kyle Hamilton (assuming Hutchinson is gone and KH seems to be their next BPA)?

13 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

How would you feel about the Lions signing Williams AND drafting Kyle Hamilton (assuming Hutchinson is gone and KH seems to be their next BPA)?

That would definitely fix the back end of our defense for the next few years but we still have serious issues at LB that will probably require at least on free agent and one draft pick also.  It would be a shame to see Tracy Walker sign somewhere else after having such a strong comebach season.  I don't know how Brad Holmes sees things but I think we should sign either Hassan Reddick or Foyesade Oluokun.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm curious about elite (and assuming KH would be an elite level) safeties, including duo's, and how much of an impact that has on a defense. 

We built an OL for Hank Fraley to mold. Would love to build a secondary for Aubrey Pleasant to mold. He have 4 young corners and no safeties. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

We built an OL for Hank Fraley to mold. Would love to build a secondary for Aubrey Pleasant to mold. He have 4 young corners and no safeties. 

We also need to account for a scenario where we could lose Glenn and/or Pleasant in the next year (2 max). Both guys seemed to be getting some serious attention from other teams. 

40 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm curious about elite (and assuming KH would be an elite level) safeties, including duo's, and how much of an impact that has on a defense. 

Personally, I think one dominant safety and one solid safety who work well together is best.  What we really need are playmakers at all three levels of our defense.  It won't matter how good our safeties are if we don't improve our pass-rush and get decent production from our LBs.

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Williams makes all of the world of sense to me. Robinson is a bit more of a question mark. He's 28 years old. He's going to command big money. You're either going to be paying him at his highest while we're still a rebuilding team or we're going to pay him at his highest when he's older and arguably less effective. I'm not sure if Goff is our QBOTF (at least short-term) or not but until that is clear, spending money on a big FA WR doesn't seem to make a ton of sense. 

I agree with this. I wouldn't mind spending on Williams, but I'm wary of giving Robinson a big contract.