2022 Official Salary Cap and Free Agency

Just Want A Title

1 minute ago, BarryTheBest said:

So far Holmes seems to be playing the supplemental pick game. I like that overall. Drafting and developing talent has always been my preference to team building. That said, I understand our overall lack of talent at WR and much of the defense. 

Now that we've resigned Walker, who are we losing in FA you expect to impact the comp pick formula?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Christian Kirk just signed a $21M apy deal with the Jaguars... If we could get Allen Robinson for $18M/year, that'd be a steal... and I still don't want him at that rate. I definitely wasn't expecting Kirk to be getting THAT kind of cash. 

No one was. Kirk is not worth that. He's a slot WR who has never averaged 1,000 yd rec or more than 6 TDs in a season. Jags just throwing money away acting like the Lions re-signing their own scrubs. 

I'd have no issue signing Robinson to a 4yr $70M contract. 

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Now that we've resigned Walker, who are we losing in FA you expect to impact the comp pick formula?

I guess Harris is the only real person. I expect him to get at least something comparable to Walker. That said, does Walker count against the formula since he was on our team? I will admit, I am not an expert on how the comp formula works. 

3 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

I guess Harris is the only real person. I expect him to get at least something comparable to Walker. That said, does Walker count against the formula since he was on our team? I will admit, I am not an expert on how the comp formula works. 

I believe resigning your own guys doesn't count against the formula.