JOSH REYNOLDS RE-SIGNED BY THE LIONS

Karnage84

6 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I suspect there are a fair amount if incentives in his contract.  He his a solid #3WR and we don't have any proven WRs beyond Amon Ra St Brown.  I am pretty sure we will be signing at least one significant free agent WR.

The rumour mill (from both sides) seems to be in favour of Allen Robinson coming in. A trio of Robinson, Reynolds and ARSB is definitely an upgrade over what we started with last year. I'd still like to see us invest in someone in the 2nd or 3rd, even if they do go that route. 

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

The rumour mill (from both sides) seems to be in favor of Allen Robinson coming in. A trio of Robinson, Reynolds and ARSB is definitely an upgrade over what we started with last year. I'd still like to see us invest in someone in the 2nd or 3rd, even if they do go that route. 

Given the depth of the WR class this year, I wouldn't necessarily be in-favor of high-priced free agent like Allen Robinson.  I would rather have them sign an under-used guy like Byron Pringle or someone a couple of years younger like Russel Gage.

As far as big FA guys like A-Rob or Cooper go, I’d Rather they double dip in the draft rather than throwing wheelbarrows of cash at guys who will only be here a couple years.

Edited by Miblue
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Miblue said:

As far as big FA guys like A-Rob or Cooper go, I’d Rather they double dip in the draft rather than throwing wheelbarrows of cash at guys who will only be here a couple years.

Agreed. Seems like a pretty good year to get two WRs in the draft. 

43 minutes ago, Miblue said:

What about a trade for DK Metcalf? He's on a rookie deal but he'd probably want to get paid (either this year or next). At the very least, you know what you're getting and he's still relatively young. 

25 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What about a trade for DK Metcalf? He's on a rookie deal but he'd probably want to get paid (either this year or next). At the very least, you know what you're getting and he's still relatively young. 

Outsider prospective, but he doesn't seem to fit the personality Dan Campbell is looking for.

• Like 1

This contract sounds very rich for what Reynolds brings.  Seems like a 3ish a year kind of guy.  I hope it is incentive laden and easy to get out of cheap if he doesnt work out beyond this year. 

I don't really care how we address WR as long as we do address it.  Allen Robinson or Amare Cooper would be great if it works under the cap and doesn't make us miss out on better/other free agents like Marcus Williams.  

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

I agree with that.  DK Metcalf is not a good fit.

Have I missed extreme diva like behavior?  I dont think we should get into the only good guys on this team phase again like the Rod Marinelli days as you miss out on a lot of talent. DK is frustrated, and should be.  If we are able to acquire him reasonably and sign him long term, I would be all for it.  The staff and captains create the locker room and he will fit in fine.  

23 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Have I missed extreme diva like behavior?  I dont think we should get into the only good guys on this team phase again like the Rod Marinelli days as you miss out on a lot of talent. DK is frustrated, and should be.  If we are able to acquire him reasonably and sign him long term, I would be all for it.  The staff and captains create the locker room and he will fit in fine.  

He's definitely a diva, but he's worth putting up with the behavior. My concern would be whether he's willing to sign long term in Detroit.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's definitely a diva, but he's worth putting up with the behavior. My concern would be whether he's willing to sign long term in Detroit.

Which is why I don't think you trade for him without getting an extension in place. However, is Goff going to be reason enough for him to want to stay? 

• Like 1

I think the only big name that I like is Robinson. It would surprise me to see them trade for, or sign a top tier receiver. I think they will sign a mid tier free agent and take one at 32 or 34 and then a later round selection.

From my perspective this coaching staff can develop players and seem to like that approach. I’m not at all worried about the receivers. It’s going to get addressed.