JOSH REYNOLDS RE-SIGNED BY THE LIONS

Karnage84

5 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I think the only big name that I like is Robinson. It would surprise me to see them trade for, or sign a top tier receiver. I think they will sign a mid tier free agent and take one at 32 or 34 and then a later round selection.

From my perspective this coaching staff can develop players and seem to like that approach. I’m not at all worried about the receivers. It’s going to get addressed.

Which mid-tier FA WRs interest you? I still think the best idea is to go after Amari Cooper if the Cowboys cut him loose. St. Brown needs help. 

Eh. That seems a bit high for Reynolds, who was making a lot less last year before he was cut by the Titans, but he does have chemistry with Goff. It sounds like it's not all guaranteed. 

This doesn't really set anything in stone - the team should probably still be looking to add multiple guys. Reynolds is great if he's like your third or fourth receiver but I don't see him as any more than that. Same can be said for a guy like Cephus or Raymond - good depth, but nothing I'm sold on long-term. 

I think Reynolds is our starting WR (the Z) THIS YEAR.  He will then shift to our #3 or 4 WR NEXT YEAR.  I think the plan is to draft one or two WRs; one will be the X (my favorites are Watson or Pickens) and perhaps another WR that can also be an X or at least an upgrade at the Z 

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Which mid-tier FA WRs interest you? I still think the best idea is to go after Amari Cooper if the Cowboys cut him loose. St. Brown needs help. 

There really aren’t any that interest me. I just think they will go after Fuller or Schuster etc. Although today there are reports the Lions are interested in the top level WR’s.

46 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

There really aren’t any that interest me. I just think they will go after Fuller or Schuster etc. Although today there are reports the Lions are interested in the top level WR’s.

I wouldn't touch Fuller after what he did in Miami. I like Juju, but my concern with him is his skillset overlapping too much with St. Brown's. 

• Like 1

I would like to give Chark a prove it deal.  Or JuJu.  Big Ben has been bad the last couple of years so wouldn't be shocked to see JuJu bounce back if given a better QB situation.  They said his yards per target went from 11 to 6.5 so sounds like they didnt utilize his strengths the last year or two.  

• Like 1

I'm kind of with Jrry, like. It's not my money. So I spend money. Lol. Every year. No reason to leave like 6.5 10 20 million under the cap. Just no reason. You gotta have talent to win and you have to pay talent to come in outside the draft.

Football from year to year is too wild to not spend money on players that you actually think give you a playoff look.(IMO) It's why I do really kind of admire what the Rams did trading for multiple players and spending money. Instead of the collect my check and do the perpetual rebuild thing a lot of franchise's do now, especially out of football.

Like you guys got to understand there are some owners(includding our own) that like..., wanna win, but don't actually care.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would like to give Chark a prove it deal.  Or JuJu.  Big Ben has been bad the last couple of years so wouldn't be shocked to see JuJu bounce back if given a better QB situation.  They said his yards per target went from 11 to 6.5 so sounds like they didnt utilize his strengths the last year or two.  

Juju would be nice, but he's seemingly done his best work in the slot. And St. Brown also seemed to do his best work in the slot. So it would depend on the cost. If Juju will sign on a reasonable "prove it" deal, it's worth the risk, based on what he showed earlier in his career. The Lions would still need a deep threat, though. But the Draft can provide that.

I'm not big on Chark. His durability concerns me. He has missed a lot of games, and even when he's on the field, it seems like he's always hampered by some injury. But stylistically, he fits what Detroit needs. However, I think he's going to get overpaid for what he realistically offers. I wish Will Fuller were a safer bet. But he also has no durability and imo quit on the Dolphins this year. 

I still feel Amari Cooper is the best FA complement for St. Brown. But price will matter. Allen Robinson is another good one. Cooper seems less of a risk than Robinson, though (due to age). That all said, Robinson has the most compelling reason to choose the Lions (besides money), as a guy who is from Detroit.

56 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Like, money aside. Really. 

No one's fu-fuing a Cooper-St.Brown-Hockenson passing attack. Not elite stuff maybe but it's more than above average group. 

I would love it, along with adding a 2nd/3rd round WR like Christian Watson or Jalen Tolbert.  But again, money would be important. 

I also would feel similar about Allen Robinson. Although Robinson has had some injury issues recently but still has the #1 upside but not sure he would want to go from bad QB to bad QB to bad QB. If I am him, Chicago is a better option than coming here as I like Fields more than Goff. 

14 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would love it, along with adding a 2nd/3rd round WR like Christian Watson or Jalen Tolbert.  But again, money would be important. 

I also would feel similar about Allen Robinson. Although Robinson has had some injury issues recently but still has the #1 upside but not sure he would want to go from bad QB to bad QB to bad QB. If I am him, Chicago is a better option than coming here as I like Fields more than Goff. 

I'd like to see us add two WR's in the draft while adding someone like Robinson.

Allen Robinson - FA

Christian Watson - #34; Calvin Austin - #66 or #97

WR1: Robinson

WR2: Reynolds/Watson

SWR: ARSB/Austin*

WR5: Cephus

Austin would give us a legit KR/PR while also contributing as a true deep threat. Reynolds is only here on a 2 year deal, Robinson would probably be about 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'd like to see us add two WR's in the draft while adding someone like Robinson.

Allen Robinson - FA

Christian Watson - #34; Calvin Austin - #66 or #97

WR1: Robinson

WR2: Reynolds/Watson

SWR: ARSB/Austin*

WR5: Cephus

Austin would give us a legit KR/PR while also contributing as a true deep threat. Reynolds is only here on a 2 year deal, Robinson would probably be about 3 years. 

If we grab 2, I dont want to that high.  I think Watson/Pickens/Burks/Dotson at 32/34 would be great.  Or if we miss on them then Tolbert/Peirce/WanDale at 66.  But then wait it out for a late round WR like a Velus Jones or Danny Grey.  

On 3/9/2022 at 3:35 PM, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't touch Fuller after what he did in Miami. I like Juju, but my concern with him is his skillset overlapping too much with St. Brown's. 

I’m not much of a Fuller fan more that he fits what the Lions would be looking at. It sounds like they’re going after one of the big names which is what I didn’t think they would do