RUSSELL WILSON THREAD

paul-mac

1 minute ago, bMiller031 said:

Are we sure John Schneider is a good GM?  This feels like negligence

Actually, I think he is. 

Russ didn't' want to be there any more and told them to trade him to his preferred team and he wasn't going to resign. It was trade him now and get a haul in return rather than let him walk and just get a 3rd round compensatory. It's like a late July MLB trade. And Schneider (and Carroll, who has personnel influence) got a haul he can sell to the fans as part of the rebuilding plan. 

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Actually, I think he is. 

Russ didn't' want to be there any more and told them to trade him to his preferred team and he wasn't going to resign. It was trade him now and get a haul in return rather than let him walk and just get a 3rd round compensatory. It's like a late July MLB trade. And Schneider (and Carroll, who has personnel influence) got a haul he can sell to the fans as part of the rebuilding plan. 

The picks are the only true needle-movers in this deal.  1.9 (in a weak QB draft), the 27th-ish pick next year, and two 2nds for Russell Wilson?  That is a BRUTAL sell to the fanbase - especially after the Jamal Adams catastrophe.  

Just now, bMiller031 said:

The picks are the only true needle-movers in this deal.  1.9 (in a weak QB draft), the 27th-ish pick next year, and two 2nds for Russell Wilson?  That is a BRUTAL sell to the fanbase - especially after the Jamal Adams catastrophe.  

I think the real question is is it both 2nd's this year or one this and one next?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle trade 1.9 and move back to acquire more assets 

11 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Gonna enjoy the next couple of months as Paton is not allowed to talk about the trade at all. I hope the best writers pepper him with questions about what he’s gonna do about QB. Haha

Wait what? Why can’t he talk about it for a couple of months? 

18 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Definitely waiting to hear the year on the round 2 picks. I would love it it was the rams this year and ours next year. 

Absolutely but honestly it’s such good value compared to what was being discussed with ARod.   ARod obv better but 6 years age difference matters so much.   

It’s very realistic barring bee serious injury  to expect peak level play for 4+ years.   And it could be as high as 5-6.   Guys with elite arm talent age so well.   

To have paid ONLY 2 firsts is a massive coup for Paton.   

Ok - that thing I said in the other thread about sucking it up and drafting a QB this year so we could suck - NEVER MIND!😜

ALWAYS preferred Wilson over Rodgers. I know ultimately he is not as talented, but you can win the SB with him, and you’ve got 5-6 years instead of 2-3. 

Drafts may not be quite as exciting the next couple of years (although I fully expect Paton will find a way to restock the Day 2/Day 3 cupboard), but the actual season will more than make up for it. 😉

What a QB Division! WOW.  

And Von definitely knew.  Question now is - how much of a home town discount is he willing to give to stay?

• Like 2