RUSSELL WILSON THREAD

paul-mac

13 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

So - when can we get our Wilson Jersey’s 😀

From being so down to being sky high.  Wow just wow.  This offseason just changed on a dime.  Free agency is going to be a blast as we have so much money to spend in rebuilding some key pieces.   No draft picks but we can add quite a bit through free agency.   I have always loved Wilson and I so love how we stole the thunder from that narcist Rogers news so quickly.  Always wanted Wilson over Rogers.  Just so damn glad something finally went our way.  Kudos to Paton!!!!  We are going to so be the news in the coming months.....   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I saw the Rodgers news and was disappointed. Literally 2 seconds later ESPN refreshed and I saw the Wilson news. So excited!! And the compensation wasn't insane. Awesome.

What ? 2 first 2 second + Fant a former 1st rd + Lock a 2nd rd + Harris a valuable player not insane. I hope Wilson say NO to Denver

• Like 1

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

7/10 seasons with a QB rating over 100, only 4 seasons with more than 10 INTs, mid to upper 60s in compt%, 292 career TD passes (remember Elway only had 300 TD passes in 17 years), and he can run, he has almost 4,700 career rushing yards. He’s been picked to the Pro Bowl every year. He was MVP runner up twice and has won Walter Payton Man of the Year. I knew he was good I didn’t know he was that good until I looked at his stats.

This is amazing.

What a great time to be alive!! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, French Fan said:

What ? 2 first 2 second + Fant a former 1st rd + Lock a 2nd rd + Harris a valuable player not insane. I hope Wilson say NO to Denver

I mean even the skeptics are happy so, not insane. We gave 3 players I didn't even want. We had an extra 2nd & 3rd. It was a lot to give up. Not insane, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, French Fan said:

He’s not going to say NO. They wouldn’t have announced this if there was even a 0.00000001% chance of that.

Russ is coming to Denver and this is a great move. Yeah, it’s a big haul, but it makes us instant contenders, returns us to relevancy, helps make the new owner a boat load of money with max prime time games and Sunday afternoon national broadcasts, fills the stadium, sells a ton of merchandise, helps lure FAs to sign at a discount and assures Mac’s Raiders remain in the basement of the AFCW. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, French Fan said:

Definite troll.

You have spent 2 seasons doing nothing but slate Fant. Now you use him to say we got fleeced?!?

Who cares where Lock was drafted? How is it relevant? His value is based on play, not when he was drafted. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, French Fan said:

Fant has 3 years done on his cheap rookie deal.   Lock is on his last year as a failed QB project.   Harris is 30 years old.    Their inherent remaining value on all counts is nowhere near the value of a player starting out their rookie deals.   It’s really disingenuous to ignore that reality. 

It’s absolutely a bargain price to give up 2 1sts 2 2nds plus the above package.   If it’s a 2023 1st / 2nd with a 4th place schedule that 1st is going to be in the 20’s.  If not later.     1.9/2.8 are valuable but us finishing that high in the pick order is also why we didn’t need to offer 3 1sts like WAS apparently did.   

Man I get you’re a Lock believer but if you think it’s too much I’m not sure your view is grounded in reality.   At all. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1