Jaguars franchise tag LT Cam Robinson

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

This move has almost no bearing if we do or don't go ol.  It's still a 1 year deal and both ikem and evan have some guard experience

No bearing? I agree it’s not a lock, but get out of here with that. Cam/Little are your starting bookends most likely. Ekwonu coming in at LG is a possibility for sure, but let’s not act like them locking in an OT for 2022 doesn’t alter the likelihood of who’s taken at the top.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

No bearing? I agree it’s not a lock, but get out of here with that. Cam/Little are your starting bookends most likely. Ekwonu coming in at LG is a possibility for sure, but let’s not act like them locking in an OT for 2022 doesn’t alter the likelihood of who’s taken at the top.

I said almost no bearing. 

Who's to say we aren't trading cam especially with that armstead rumor? 

Bringing in ikem or Evan gives a day 1 starter at guard with ability to move outside and offers insurance for in case we do roll with cam and little as the starters.  

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I said almost no bearing. 

Who's to say we aren't trading cam especially with that armstead rumor? 

Bringing in ikem or Evan gives a day 1 starter at guard with ability to move outside and offers insurance for in case we do roll with cam and little as the starters.  

You saying “almost” instead doesn’t change this at all.

Having a LT and RT locked in for 2022 definitely has a large effect of who we take at 1st overall. Whether that’s rescinding the tag/trading Cam and signing Armstead or not, having those two positions likely locked in alters things, especially if you have similar grades on an OT and Edge.

As I said, you could take one of them and play them at OG year one, but I’d say that’s less likely than taking an edge rusher who’s considered the best prospect in the draft by most with a massive need at the same position. 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You saying “almost” instead doesn’t change this at all.

Having a LT and RT locked in for 2022 definitely has a large effect of who we take at 1st overall. Whether that’s rescinding the tag/trading Cam and signing Armstead or not, having those two positions likely locked in alters things, especially if you have similar grades on an OT and Edge.

As I said, you could take one of them and play them at OG year one, but I’d say that’s less likely than taking an edge rusher who’s considered the best prospect in the draft by most with a massive need at the same position. 

Except Hutchinson isn't the best prospect in the draft.   He's also not a great scheme fit.  His best fit is a 4-3.  

Jags trade  1 for Seattle's 1 and DK. 

29 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Except Hutchinson isn't the best prospect in the draft.   He's also not a great scheme fit.  His best fit is a 4-3.  

Jags trade  1 for Seattle's 1 and DK. 

Buddy, I’m not using your board. Look around, he’s been widely viewed as #1 by the majority of analysts, only falling below an OT or 2 at worst. Most have stated that’s a pretty common view of the top from league circles.

We have no edge opposite Josh Allen and a desperate need for one. Unless Chandler Jones or some high profile edge is coming in, that’s one of the most desperate positions on our roster.

Ive stated my concerns on Hutch and that I’d prefer an OT, but this gives you a solid LT, upgrade at RT (with assuming Little starts there), and a real 1-2 punch at edge. If Armstead is possible then they can easily rescind the tag. If not this secures that you have bookends going in (all of this assuming they like Walker Little somewhere).

34 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Buddy, I’m not using your board. Look around, he’s been widely viewed as #1 by the majority of analysts, only falling below an OT or 2 at worst. Most have stated that’s a pretty common view of the top from league circles.

We have no edge opposite Josh Allen and a desperate need for one. Unless Chandler Jones or some high profile edge is coming in, that’s one of the most desperate positions on our roster.

Ive stated my concerns on Hutch and that I’d prefer an OT, but this gives you a solid LT, upgrade at RT (with assuming Little starts there), and a real 1-2 punch at edge. If Armstead is possible then they can easily rescind the tag. If not this secures that you have bookends going in (all of this assuming they like Walker Little somewhere).

If ur looking for a 3-4 edge it is thibs.  He Has better upside then Hutchinson and actually can drop in coverage while Hutchinson should be more of 4-3 end. 

Really do wonder if they still go after Armstead and rescind the tag if they are able to land him.

Whole situation is just difficult. Robinson is the lowest ceiling option I’d say of any they had available (including moving Little to LT), but had you let him walk and not landed Armstead you’re in a tough spot as far as our OL goes. Either you have to find some other downgrade via FA or forced your hand to take an OT to replace Cam. This move allows you to take that need off the board come the draft and take BAP, even if it’s Ekwonu/Neal and they get placed inside for at least a year. Or, if you have Hutch/Thibs at the top, you’re now able to take them without worrying about either OT spot in 2022. 

Didn’t foresee them tagging Cam, and would ideally rather have Armstead or slotting Cam at RT if he’d say yes to it, but this opens up the options they have available to them with certainty going into the draft. Get spurned by Armstead in FA? Chandler Jones/edge you’re interested in picks somewhere else over you? Not nearly as big of deal had this move not happened.

• Like 1