Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

Carson wasn’t a top pick of mine at all, but honestly after looking at his contract, he can be cut after this season if he doesn’t play well and there’s no dead money.

also only giving up two 3rd rounders means that we can still take BPA at 11 which is nice.

im not overly excited, but I’m not mad either

• Like 2

So bad.

Desperation is a stinky cologne, and it causes a man to do silly things. They would have cut this dope, and if they had, at that point I would have been fine signing Wentz. Simply given the absolute table scraps available at the position.

Trading two valuable picks for him is nonsense. Taking on his contract…also absolute nonsense. Unless Indy paid a ton of his money to get this level of return, this is really quite dreadful.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Carson wasn’t a top pick of mine at all, but honestly after looking at his contract, he can be cut after this season if he doesn’t play well and there’s no dead money.

also only giving up two 3rd rounders means that we can still take BPA at 11 which is nice.

[b]im not overly excited[/b]but I’m not mad either

Going into a pivotal year 3 with a losing record, we needed better from the team than this feeling 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Just reminds me of Alex Smith all over again. 

If Alex Smith had a better arm, but was a noted loser and clubhouse cancer. 

Because that’s the twist. You can’t draft a guy now, because we’ve learned over years in Philly that Carson Wentz can’t do **** if he fears someone else is looming behind him, challenging him for his job.