Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

They were still good games. And we basically are forced to cut him now. If Frank Reich didn’t want Wentz why the hell do we think it’s going to work here? What is wrong with this team? 

Haven't you heard --Danny Jr is a BIG fan !! 😆

They get our 3rd this yr...ok

Swapping 2nds...no big deal...just 5 spots down...woopty dooo

The 3rd becoming a 2nd if he plays 70% of games. Well, we probably make the playoffs if he plays 70%+ or more of the games. Our team is loaded.

If not, it's only a 3rd.

28 million this yr against the cap. Not worried about that. His contract can be redone to spread it out over other yrs. 

Plus, there's guys we can cut/trade to clear more room.

Just now, lavar703 said:

He’s barely a starting QB at this point. He sucks and we just gave all of our cap space away plus what’s going to amount to a third and a second and a swap of seconds. I mean, I know you like Rivera but dude, come on. At some point you have to see this isn’t going well. 

What were they supposed to do instead?  This QB class is awful. 

• Like 1

For an NFL team to have a legitimate playoff roster and have just given up multiple firsts for a player, to realizing he sucks so bad he’s worth cutting to become a real contender is inexplicably bad personnel management. The type of thing that can only but outshone by Dan Snyder and his stooges

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

All he has to do is play 70% of the snaps this year and the third for 2023 becomes a second. If you wanted to know how bad Rivera is at this there you go. Dude sucks. Get him out of here now. 

This is the beauty of it. From the structure of the trade, you can clearly see that the Colts were the ones finessing us on the details. They get the favorable pick swap. They get the favorable conditional pick. 

All as part of a trade that is LUDICROUS on its face. Why would they ever get more than two 3rds for a guy who was absolutely god awful in 2020 and had a decent bounce-back year on one of the league’s best rosters, where all he really did wrong was totally **** the bed against the worst team in the league with the playoffs on the line? A guy who is owed $82M over the next 3 years if we decide to keep him, a guy who their organization essentially publicly announced was on his way out?

• Like 1

This is the last straw for me guys.  Really enjoyed our many conversations in here but to me I just don't recognize this team.  In my 40 years as a fan I never cheered for any team name commanders and I never thought this team after the debacle of so many QBs would trade even one 3rd round pick let along 2 for a QB that has shown nothing but regression the past few seasons.  Good luck to all and good bye.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Probably not trade picks for a $28M/yr bum? If he hadn’t been taken #1 overall people would look at him like Gardner Mincshew or Taylor Heinicke

I don't agree at all.  They shot their shot with Rodgers and Wilson but neither wanted to come here. Watson to Washington is not going to happen because of Dan. So that leaves only a few options left: 

- Draft a QB. To get the one you want you probably have to pay a fortune to move up, especially because Seattle just leapfrogged us.  Moving up in a crappy QB class for a Qb is suicide. 

- Do nothing. The fans whined last year when we did this. 

- Go after a veteran reclamation project.  This is what we just did.  We paid two draft picks and a minor pick swap for a lotto ticket at QB. If it doesn't hit, no big deal we can just draft a QB next year.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

That just goes to show they have zero faith in a QB "wanting" to come here. 

It's a desperation move by a Franchise that has made a lot of terrible moves under the current ownership.

not disagreeing but when the Colts got him last year - It was considered the best move of the off season . Funny

• Like 1