Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with that, it’s just been worse than I thought. Like, I don’t remember McNabb looking this bad when he came here  at least not inept. At some times Wentz looks like he doesn’t even belong.

He looks like a guy who’s never been asked to do most of the things he’s doing which is really the case. This offense is a way more timing oriented system then he’s played in. He’s being asked to read inside out but blocking issues have really bothered his eyes staying down field which is why we’ve looked so much like the offense we had with Taylor because we couldn’t make the throws that work over the second level where you have to thread over LBs and Sitting CB’s and in front of Safties. Wentz can do these things but he’s high because he can’t step up or into passes when they try this he’s being hit or about to. I haven’t had much faith in this project all along but when Wentz has had time on well designed and timed plays he looks great. He and Scott just aren’t insync with the OL play not allowing them to call plays the way they want

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He looks like a guy who’s never been asked to do most of the things he’s doing which is really the case. This offense is a way more timing oriented system then he’s played in. He’s being asked to read inside out but blocking issues have really bothered his eyes staying down field which is why we’ve looked so much like the offense we had with Taylor because we couldn’t make the throws that work over the second level where you have to thread over LBs and Sitting CB’s and in front of Safties. Wentz can do these things but he’s high because he can’t step up or into passes when they try this he’s being hit or about to. I haven’t had much faith in this project all along but when Wentz has had time on well designed and timed plays he looks great. He and Scott just aren’t insync with the OL play not allowing them to call plays the way they want

I do expect it to get better. It’s only been 4 games & three of the 4 games we played a top 6 defense based off of football outsiders DVOA stats. 

We won’t face as fierce of a pass rush as we did vs the Cowboys & Eagles most other games the rest of the season. The OL played better vs the Cowboys w/ Nick Martin at C & Saahdiq Charles at RG.

I think they’ll find they’re groove over the next month on offense. Hopefully our pass D finds better chemistry as well over the next month.

I don’t expect us to become some kind of great team over the next month & for the rest of the season but it wouldn’t shock me if this team does end up playing like more a .500 team soon rather than a team that’s lost 3 straight.

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He looks like a guy who’s never been asked to do most of the things he’s doing which is really the case. [b]This offense is a way more timing oriented system then he’s played in.[/b] He’s being asked to read inside out but blocking issues have really bothered his eyes staying down field which is why we’ve looked so much like the offense we had with Taylor because we couldn’t make the throws that work over the second level where you have to thread over LBs and Sitting CB’s and in front of Safties. Wentz can do these things but he’s high because he can’t step up or into passes when they try this he’s being hit or about to. I haven’t had much faith in this project all along but when Wentz has had time on well designed and timed plays he looks great. He and Scott just aren’t insync with the OL play not allowing them to call plays the way they want

Maybe this is just me, but wouldn’t it make more sense to either 

A.) Pick a QB who fits the system better

OR

B.) Tailor your system to the QB 

But we didn’t do this with William Jackson III, so it doesn’t surprise me.  

• Like 1

https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=821695605910599

Timestamp at 3:31 

"Q: What is Carson's level of autonomy in terms of being able to change things at the line of scrimmage?"

"A: Not alot. You know there are some plays that he can adjust, not necessarily the play, but the protections."

Carson cannot change the play at the line of scrimmage, by design.

#FIREEVERYONE

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=821695605910599

Timestamp at 3:31 

"Q: What is Carson's level of autonomy in terms of being able to change things at the line of scrimmage?"

"A: Not alot. You know there are some plays that he can adjust, not necessarily the play, but the protections."

Carson cannot change the play at the line of scrimmage, by design.

#FIREEVERYONE

100% 

On 10/4/2022 at 11:04 PM, e16bball said:

Just to play devil’s advocate here, I do think we have to keep in mind that Wentz is brand new here and has played a total of 4 games.

We are seeing other QBs (Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Baker Mayfield) struggle a bit in new places, playing with all new faces. And we’ve seen from Heinicke that extreme knowledge of and comfort with this particular scheme can create results well beyond natural talent.  It’s probably unrealistic to expect even a veteran QB to immediately play with a mastery of a new system and total comfort with new teammates.

Very selfless of a SB champ and an MVP to humiliate themselves on national TV in order to help bring home this point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Very selfless of a SB champ and an MVP to humiliate themselves on national TV in order to help bring home this point. 

While I agree to an extent, one of those guys is a sure fire first ballet hall of famer and the other most likely gets in as well. Wentz has been struggling for like 3 years now. I just don’t think the situations are the same. 

Just now, JoshstraDaymus said:

The coup de grace will be next week when we plays Fields if/when he's awful in the game. This is like our infinity stones.

Obviously I say this because there definitely were people who thought we should trade up to get to him

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Obviously I say this because there definitely were people who thought we should trade up to get to him

Fields obviously hasn’t played well so far in his career, but I don’t feel the Bears are doing much of anything to help him. They have had arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL the last two seasons & you could say the same for their playmakers. 

Also, the offense doesn’t play to Fields’s strengths, at the point he’s not a drop back QB who should be working from the pocket as much as they’re asking him to. He needs to be in a zone read option like Cam Newton, RG3, Russell Wilson, Kap, Lamar Jackson & Hurts were their first few years & Lamar & Hurts are still in a zone read offense.

Its just an S-show in Chicago. I feel that Turner/Norv would’ve used a zone read offense w/ Fields and it’d be much more run heavy the way the Eagles offense was with Hurts at first.

What Chicago is doing just reminds of how the Jets usually screw up young QBs bc they don’t build up an OL infront of them, don’t put enough talent around them & don’t scheme an offense built towards the young QBs strengths.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Looks weird to me for a vet QB to be using the wrist band to call plays. Remember when Haskins didn't want to wear one because it he thought it made him  look.. what shall I say, unprepared . 

McNabb too, but they should use them. Tom Brady used one in Tampa his first year there.

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

The coup de grace will be next week when we plays Fields if/when he's awful in the game. This is like our infinity stones.

Yes, if we can’t beat the Bears & Fields next Thursday night, we could be looking at a 1-16 or 2-15 season. I have to say part of me almost wants that bc I think Rivera would be fired & we’d draft the top QB in the draft, Stroud. Him throwing to Terry, Curtis, Jahan, Logan, AG & McKissic would be fun I think.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, if we can’t beat the Bears & Fields next Thursday night, we could be looking at a 1-16 or 2-15 season. I have to say part of me almost wants that bc I think Rivera would be fired & we’d draft the top QB in the draft, Stroud. Him throwing to Terry, Curtis, Jahan, Logan, AG & McKissic would be fun I think.

Ground Hog Day, 4 weeks and we're right where I thought we'd be. back to the draft and a QB at #1. paththetic, ironic, funny too-