Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Taylor Heinicke is in house and cost you zero draft picks. Just draft a rookie, let him sit and play Heinicke. 

This really makes no sense. 

Nothing wrong with good competition I’d say. I mean I’m not Wentz fan but he doeos constantly put up 3500 to 4000 yds & 25 to 33 TDs. The only season he didn’t was in 2020 when their OL and playmakers all seemed to get hurt.

I don’t expect him to take us anywhere but, we could’ve certainly done worse by having to settle for Bridgewater, Trubisky or Mariotta. With Wentz we could win double digit games for the first time since 2012, with those other QBs we’d be lucky to win 9 like with Heinicke 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

contracts aside, he also sucks 

Wow. Never saw a QB desperately trying to get rid of the ball when getting sacked in the endzone late in the 4th quarter in a close game before. Horrible. One of the SIX interceptions he threw all season. How horrible. Guys a bum forever now.

This is the worst thing this nobody football guy ever saw a qb do? For realz?

Edited by MacDog
typos
  • Like 1

Was gonna have a leisurely afternoon playing basketball with my daughter but it's raining outside.

Haven't processed this trade much but I am intrigued and incensed by it at the same time. I still do not know what I truly think about it.

But man, leave it to this team to pull this kinda thing on my day off.

clerks-not-supposed-to-be-here.gif

Just now, turtle28 said:

Nothing wrong with good competition I’d say. I mean I’m not Wentz fan but he doeos constantly put up 3500 to 4000 yds & 25 to 33 TDs. The only season he didn’t was in 2019 when their OL and playmakers all seemed to get hurt.

They rolled with Heinicke all last season. They are literally buying into Carson Wentz stock when it's been going downhill at a rapid pace. It's not coming back. Terry McLaurin gunna ask for a trade pretty soon with all this ish.

It's funny you dont hear a bunch of the guys from the team tweeting out welcoming him here either. They are all pissed too.

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

I mean this may sound ignorant but I think I would take Wentz for what we got him for over The offer of 3 1st that we sent to Seattle in the offer for Wilson…….

Yes ! thank you. The latest pics I've seen of Russell -his face looks really fat ! Who on here was doing an analysis of fat face QBs . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Was gonna have a leisurely afternoon playing basketball with my daughter but it's raining outside.

Haven't processed this trade much but I am intrigued and incensed by it at the same time. I still do not know what I truly think about it.

We'll play by the rules. Go have fun with your family. Playing in the rain is still fun.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

My processing: this is really, really bad.  Striking out twice on big name QBs, and settling for Wentz.  Desperation is one hell of a drug. 

I am going on the record as I like the deal. I think Carson will play well for us and be well liked leader in the locker room. I think Terry will thrive, and we will make playoffs with 10 or 11 wins.

That's all without seeing what else we do in FA and draft.

As long as we don't do something really stupid.

• Like 2