Who is to blame for the Ravens offense?

AFlaccoSeagulls

Pitta said on an ESPN link that Flacco is required to throw to first option and if it isn't there, check it down. This is not what The Mighty Joe Flacco is built for. He's supposed to be saying "F-- it, I'm going deep". That's how we won a championship! This shows me that the coaching staff cannot scheme people to win at all. My only beef with Flacco is that he appears to be in that mode of "Saving face" I guess you could say. You're a 10 year vet and a Superbowl MVP. If you see something is fraudulent, you're tenured enough to drag your nuts and tell Harbaugh to hold your pocket, in my opinion. I'll never forget the play where it was 4th down and the field goal unit was coming on the field when Peyton was with Indy. He waved them off and scored a touchdown certifying that this is his team and he run stuff 'round here. NOW, obviously even though Flacco is my favorite current Raven, he is no Peyton. But he can drive this team without listening to Harbaugh and Marty on everything.

tl;dr

The Coaching staff is to blame for everything. We don't have the players to win in spite of the coaching anymore. Also, I miss Gary Kubiak.

Quarterback Joe Flacco hasn’t just slipped from whatever ‘elite’ conversation he was ever in, but in 2017 he is PFF’s 31st-graded QB, three spots below Mike Glennon, who was benched. Flacco has struggled badly, and hasn’t been helped by a lack of receiving weapons. Currently the passer rating when targeting Breshad Perriman is 6.9, more than thirty points lower than just throwing the ball at the floor.

Quoted from PFF. Again, stop trying to make Breshad Perriman happen. It kills us. The Lounge Podcast, the obvious oblivious homers they are ran with the narrative, that he just needs one big play to explode, and it is all a confidence thing. If it takes 3 years to materialize, then it just might not be there. The talent and the mental aspect. They did have a good point to just sit Perriman. 

Anyways, as they said on the podcast, while Wallace wants the 40-50 yard bombs, I still feel we see the best from Flacco when he has guys like Maclin, Mason, Pitta, Boldin who can run the 12-15 yards and turn and make a catch. 

Get some room underneath to make the crossing routes with YAC potential (theres not much YAC about a TE 2 yard out route).

We don't have 5 receivers to spread the ball around to. Better go with the 6 man protection.

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't call Flacco THE problem, but he is certainly A problem. No matter how you slice it, when you've put up the numbers he has, you're partly to blame. When is the soonest you guys can get out of his contract?

IIRC, 2 years is when we can get out of it, but others may know more than I do.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I had honestly hoped for more on offense. Seems I was wrong. Everybody is to blame. There is a point being made about having a bad setup on oline, and I wonder how many quarterbacks could actually do well under those circumstances, but Flacco is also running out of options. His last chance imo is getting a new HC, where he might be able to prove he can still do it. Otherwise we have to look at a quarterback in next years draft to sit behind Flacco for a season.

Welcome to my side of the argument ;)

Today I saw Flacco routinely make bad decisions, throw short of the sticks on 3rd downs, and just look bad. Mike Wallace bailed him out on the TD reception which also was a bad decision from Flacco.

The OL wasn't great today, but there were opportunities there and Flacco was very bad. It's never one single piece, but every week I see Flacco become more and more apparent that he's a major reason this offense cannot move the ball. 

40 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Welcome to my side of the argument ;)

Yeah, I have been here quite a while, but with all the turmoil which has been our offense, it is difficult to fault him enough to call for his head. Really, look at Dalton, Alex Smith, Carr etc. Basically everyone not named Brady, Brees, Cousins , Rodgers has had such bad performances, that its clear to see 90% of quarterbacks live and die with the talent surrounding them. But when Joe even with time puts up stinkers and isn't good enough for various reasons, even I can't put up for him anymore.

I still believe in him, and I believe we also have to have an OC which schemes better and put him in a better position, because we can see he is still able to make the throws to put drives together. But at some point, he does have to stop either playing scared or to have a better feeling of the defense.

43 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Today I saw Flacco routinely make bad decisions, throw short of the sticks on 3rd downs, and just look bad. Mike Wallace bailed him out on the TD reception which also was a bad decision from Flacco.

The OL wasn't great today, but there were opportunities there and Flacco was very bad. It's never one single piece, but every week I see Flacco become more and more apparent that he's a major reason this offense cannot move the ball. 

And in relation to my previous post, we don't see many other QB's doing better under other circumstances. We see various experts point to how McVay creates an offense for Goff to work with, how Keenum is provided with easy reads to do enough to keep games close. I have not seen a single expert point towards Flacco being put in a great situation. Until we do that, he will be there with Manning, Dalton, Carr and whoever we have seen performing better, but doesn't do it atm.

53 minutes ago, Danand said:

And in relation to my previous post, we don't see many other QB's doing better under other circumstances. We see various experts point to how McVay creates an offense for Goff to work with, how Keenum is provided with easy reads to do enough to keep games close. I have not seen a single expert point towards Flacco being put in a great situation. Until we do that, he will be there with Manning, Dalton, Carr and whoever we have seen performing better, but doesn't do it atm.

That's the thing though - THIS IS Flacco....This has been Flacco for the past like 4 years. 

Archived