Denver Nuggets Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

Hopefully Murray and Harris being held out is just precautionary. Barton had a rough first two preseason games. Trey Lyles looks really good....him and Monte definitely getting a lot of hype out of training camp. So ready for the season to start 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Pretty good start to the season even with the offense playing pretty poor. Definitely a game the team would've found a way to lose last season. 

I felt like it's a game we definitely would have lost last year. Nice to see them pull it out and play good defense down the stretch. Holding an opponent to under 100 is wild for us lol 

Barton out 5-6 weeks, getting hip surgery. Sucks, but that could have been a season ender for all we knew. A month or so isn't too bad all things considered, let's hope he makes a full recovery. We'll definitely miss his pure scoring ability, Harris and Murray going to have to step up.

Opens up more playing time for MPJ, who definitely should return within the next 5-6 weeks if it's true that there was a real chance he could have dresses for the opener, though who knows with this guy. Language around his injury and recovery have always been so vague.

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Barton out 5-6 weeks, getting hip surgery. Sucks, but that could have been a season ender for all we knew. A month or so isn't too bad all things considered, let's hope he makes a full recovery. We'll definitely miss his pure scoring ability, Harris and Murray going to have to step up.

Opens up more playing time for MPJ, who definitely should return within the next 5-6 weeks if it's true that there was a real chance he could have dresses for the opener, though who knows with this guy. Language around his injury and recovery have always been so vague.

I wouldn't hold your breath on MPJ. Most of the local beat guys don't think he's going to play this year. The Nuggets are so deep I really think they are wanting to take it slow for him. It's going to be a tough transition for MPJ and I don't see the Nuggets wanting to drop him into the rotation during a year with huge expectations.

If Barton is really only out a month or two that is so huge. They should be okay without him, but obviously would be brutal to lose him for the year. Beasley and Hernangomez will get some needed burn and maybe one of them really pops. 

I got laughed out of the building for bringing this up in the basketball forum back in June. But the Nuggets are now 4-2 vs the Warriors over their last six meetings dating back to February 2017. This team was hand built specifically to be a Golden State killer, and while they're choking the life out of them in the playoffs this year, Lebron will be watching from home. He picked the wrong team. Should have at least listened to what Kroenke had to say. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lucky to escape with win last night, thought we'd come out fired up tonight. Definitely didn't think we could possibly shoot any worse... 1/8 from 3 so far, yikes.

Our offense has been clunky all year (it's been weird) and last night was finally a feel good win. The Cavs are horrid though. I'm still so high on Juancho and would love to see him in the starting lineup. I think he makes mental defensive lapses and that kills Malone

9 hours ago, champ11 said:

Our offense has been clunky all year (it's been weird) and last night was finally a feel good win. The Cavs are horrid though. I'm still so high on Juancho and would love to see him in the starting lineup. I think he makes mental defensive lapses and that kills Malone

Was great to see us rebound from awful stat and cruise to a victory without needing to play our key guys much. How it should be against a crappy Cavs team if we are to be a top non-Warriors West team, as we should expect to be at this point. Wolves and Rockets are dumpster fires atm, we retained our entire team and hopefully they all improved as individuals and working together. Our best lineup, especially with Barton back, should be as good as anyones.

Anyone else find it interesting that much of the league is playing at a pace akin to the 80s, yet here we are, considered to be an offensive centric team since our center and best player is apparently an all offense no defense type of guy, are playing at pretty much the same pace as last year. Millsap is just a rock on defense, has helped everyone else improve, and I think our 7-1 start has more to do with the defense than the offense. It's by no means great, probably never will be given the coaching staff and having Murray and Jokic as our core (Jokic BTW has again made bounds in his defense, but he'll never be a rim protector or true defensive force due to athletic limitations), but it's been a pleasant surprise. Get the offense back on track and we will be cooking.

I mean who would have guessed, 7-1 start while shooting 30.4% from 3 (2nd worst in the NBA). Last year we shot 37.1%, 7th best in the NBA. I expect the 3 point shooting to go up and our offense to start rolling, at which point, if we keep up this defense, could be a really nice season

Early but I'v already got a good picture of our ceiling and floor

Best Case: Meet the Warriors in WCF, take them to 6 or 7 games. 

Worst case scenario: 6-8 seed, hit by some injuries, mediocre depth catches up to us (I like our bench as individual players, lot of potential in many of them, but overall it's not a very good bench), late game woes strike/poor adjustments (I'm by no means sold on Malone as a coach, but I feel the talent is now more than enough to get us into Western playoffs regardless)

Dominant 4th quarter, just took them out behind the shed and goodnight. 16 assists for the Joker.. that is just silly. 3 pt struggles continue, but defense remains STOUT.

8-1, tied for our best start through 9 games in franchise history (1976-77 squad, NBA debut, started year 8-0... 10-1 is the mar to beat for best ever start).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Dominant 4th quarter, just took them out behind the shed and goodnight. 16 assists for the Joker.. that is just silly. 3 pt struggles continue, but defense remains STOUT.

8-1, tied for our best start through 9 games in franchise history (1976-77 squad, NBA debut, started year 8-0... 10-1 is the mar to beat for best ever start).

This schedule has been NICE for us, but the wins still needed to happen. Plumlee's three last night completely changed the game lol. I love this team right now. Beasley and Hernangomez are really playing well. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, champ11 said:

This schedule has been NICE for us, but the wins still needed to happen. Plumlee's three last night completely changed the game lol. I love this team right now. Beasley and Hernangomez are really playing well. 

If Beasley and Juancho can ever play consistently that’ll make our bench unit tops in the league. Monte has looked nice at times. Plumlee has found his role and he’s good at it.

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

If Beasley and Juancho can ever play consistently that’ll make our bench unit tops in the league. Monte has looked nice at times. Plumlee has found his role and he’s good at it.

Monte rather than Mudiay has been incredible. Monte is great imo. Long time NBA player. 51st pick

Let's freaking go boys, that inbound catch converted to a crazy layup by Murray was insane. What a game for the kid. Jokic in early foul trouble and we still manage to notch an impressive W. 9-1, 1st in West for at least a few hours... with wins over both the West and East favorite already. That HFA is back!

• Like 2