Denver Nuggets Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 10:21 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Such a weak call... can't believe we're about to blow this game at home, had like a 15 pt lead. Spurs get 6 straight FT trips smh...

I was at the game and was extremely worried I was going to leave it super pissed lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love this team, just love their play style and the makeup of it. The engine of our team is the most unique star in NBA history in Jokic. Then you've got the flashy sniper who represents the modern NBA in Murray, whose backcourt mate is a polar opposite personality, and a stout defender in Gary Harris. Then, and possibly the unheralded glue guy, is grizzled vet Millsap who is type of player who can fit in any offense and brings a crucial defensive edge. Ultimate underdogs who don't take their minutes for granted with Monte and Craig, young kid Beasley who keeps getting better, very talented young bigs in Lyles and Hernangomez, Plumlee anchoring the 2nd team and doing his best Jokic impression as passer. Just missing our savy wing Barton who can kill you in a variety of ways and catch fire before we're at 100%.

Who knows what we have in IT, MVP candidate just a few years ago. Could prove to be a monster spark plug off the bench, or maybe he'll amount to nothing, in which case we'll still be in the race for the 1 seed like we have all year.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:15 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I love this team, just love their play style and the makeup of it. The engine of our team is the most unique star in NBA history in Jokic. Then you've got the flashy sniper who represents the modern NBA in Murray, whose backcourt mate is a polar opposite personality, and a stout defender in Gary Harris. Then, and possibly the unheralded glue guy, is grizzled vet Millsap who is type of player who can fit in any offense and brings a crucial defensive edge. Ultimate underdogs who don't take their minutes for granted with Monte and Craig, young kid Beasley who keeps getting better, very talented young bigs in Lyles and Hernangomez, Plumlee anchoring the 2nd team and doing his best Jokic impression as passer. Just missing our savy wing Barton who can kill you in a variety of ways and catch fire before we're at 100%.

Who knows what we have in IT, MVP candidate just a few years ago. Could prove to be a monster spark plug off the bench, or maybe he'll amount to nothing, in which case we'll still be in the race for the 1 seed like we have all year.

It was tough being patient, but I feel like we knew this was coming. Such an awesome year. Just need Gary and Will to get healthy. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Over/under January 31 the Dubs take over as the #1 seed? Or with the Nuggets getting healthy, they are likely to keep the #1 seed the rest of the way? 

I think Dubs will probably have it at 1/31. Re-integrating the guys coming back can be a negative in the immediate and Harris and Barton still aren't back. Harris tweaked his hammy two games ago. The Nugs still have ten games in January so we'll see, they might still just keep winning even if they aren't playing their best ball. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Over/under January 31 the Dubs take over as the #1 seed? Or with the Nuggets getting healthy, they are likely to keep the #1 seed the rest of the way? 

Such a tight race, but if I had to beat I'd go with the Warriors finishing #1 because they are proven commodity that is definitely winning at least 55 games, and that might be all it takes for a 1 seed this year. As for us holding onto it through Jan? Think we do because I like our chances at home against you guys next week, and that'll give us a bit of breathing room.

I've been higher on the Nuggets than anyone and I still don't think I've realized how good this team is. Blow the Clippers out at home with Joker playing 27 minutes. Clips are a good team, weren't on their A game last night but definitely came to play, and the Nuggets just handled them start to finish. This team is so fun and good 

28 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I've been higher on the Nuggets than anyone and I still don't think I've realized how good this team is. Blow the Clippers out at home with Joker playing 27 minutes. Clips are a good team, weren't on their A game last night but definitely came to play, and the Nuggets just handled them start to finish. This team is so fun and good 

Next week the match up of the year thus far................

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

We aren't even shooting league average from three so far this season. The hammer is coming down soon. Hopefully next Tuesday tbh 

Go ahead, get these weak regular season wins....We will smack you guys around when it counts.....hopefully lol.

Props to Boogie for not wanting to return against the Nuggets. Didn't want you guys to lose confidence for the rest of the season. That is a good man right there. Instead, he will wait until Friday to beat up on the Clippers.