Denver Nuggets Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

Good points and I didn't consider that. I guess we are really trying to make Denver a nice spot for free agents to sign with us and having an edge of re-signing our own. I just hate allocating money to a back up C that's reliant on good offensive players around him. Maybe a whole off-season and better coaching from Malone and co. will limit his weakness on D and allow him to be more efficient on O.

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

Good points and I didn't consider that. I guess we are really trying to make Denver a nice spot for free agents to sign with us and having an edge of re-signing our own. I just hate allocating money to a back up C that's reliant on good offensive players around him. Maybe a whole off-season and better coaching from Malone and co. will limit his weakness on D and allow him to be more efficient on O.

Yeah I think that money could have been better allocated. Plumless is probably the best backup C in the league (def top 5) so talent wise it's not the worst thing...but I mean our best player is a pure C and Plum can't really play next to him. So I'm not crazy about where it leaves our frontcourt with how Malone has handled rotations. But I agree that he should be better this year. And he's an okay rim protector 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I think that money could have been better allocated. Plumless is probably the best backup C in the league (def top 5) so talent wise it's not the worst thing...but I mean our best player is a pure C and Plum can't really play next to him. So I'm not crazy about where it leaves our frontcourt with how Malone has handled rotations. But I agree that he should be better this year. And he's an okay rim protector 

One thing is for sure, he'll be our poster boy for a few seasons, we haven't had one since Mozzy left?

Just so ready for this season to start, can't wait to see how much our youngsters developed.

49 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

One thing is for sure, he'll be our poster boy for a few seasons, we haven't had one since Mozzy left?

Just so ready for this season to start, can't wait to see how much our youngsters developed.

Yeah he's truthfully a very solid basketball player and objectively the team got better with him on it......but yeah I hate his game and will crap on him all year lol. 

Can't wait dude. How are you feeling about the over/under on wins? I don't love much this year - the west is going to be so wild. 

20 hours ago, champ11 said:

Yeah he's truthfully a very solid basketball player and objectively the team got better with him on it......but yeah I hate his game and will crap on him all year lol. 

Can't wait dude. How are you feeling about the over/under on wins? I don't love much this year - the west is going to be so wild. 

Man it's really tough to gauge how many wins we'll have.  I saw on Denverstiffs, they noted Las Vegas gave us a line of 45.5. I say we go over that number and get 50 wins.

The wild, wild west will be something to watch all season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 10:09 PM, iLikeDefense said:

Yes!! He will be a key player for us if we want to compete and the way he played last year, worth it!

Pointed it out in the other thread, but it's actually 74m guaranteed with 10m in tough (according to Matt Moore) incentives, so it's an incredible deal. Love locking in the homegrown talent. 

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Pointed it out in the other thread, but it's actually 74m guaranteed with 10m in tough (according to Matt Moore) incentives, so it's an incredible deal. Love locking in the homegrown talent. 

Even better, makes me feel "okay" about Plum deal. I just like that we are willing to spend to keep homegrown talent and want to compete. It was tough rebuild but we are starting to see the fruits of our labor.

22 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Even better, makes me feel "okay" about Plum deal. I just like that we are willing to spend to keep homegrown talent and want to compete. It was tough rebuild but we are starting to see the fruits of our labor.

Nice to see the team spending and investing in winning!

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Nice to see Barton's injury was very minor considering he is primarily used as a scorer/playmaker with the 2nd unit and we had just waived Jameer.

So excited for this season!

Yeah tonight should be fun. They struggle with the Jazz but it should be a lit game. I'm pretty shocked they are trusting Mudiay as the backup point, but I do like his fit with Barton alright. Going to be interesting to see the backup PF minutes as well.