Jump to content
RandyMossIsBoss

Denver Nuggets Thread

Recommended Posts

Good points and I didn't consider that. I guess we are really trying to make Denver a nice spot for free agents to sign with us and having an edge of re-signing our own. I just hate allocating money to a back up C that's reliant on good offensive players around him. Maybe a whole off-season and better coaching from Malone and co. will limit his weakness on D and allow him to be more efficient on O.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

Good points and I didn't consider that. I guess we are really trying to make Denver a nice spot for free agents to sign with us and having an edge of re-signing our own. I just hate allocating money to a back up C that's reliant on good offensive players around him. Maybe a whole off-season and better coaching from Malone and co. will limit his weakness on D and allow him to be more efficient on O.

 

Yeah I think that money could have been better allocated. Plumless is probably the best backup C in the league (def top 5) so talent wise it's not the worst thing...but I mean our best player is a pure C and Plum can't really play next to him. So I'm not crazy about where it leaves our frontcourt with how Malone has handled rotations. But I agree that he should be better this year. And he's an okay rim protector 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I think that money could have been better allocated. Plumless is probably the best backup C in the league (def top 5) so talent wise it's not the worst thing...but I mean our best player is a pure C and Plum can't really play next to him. So I'm not crazy about where it leaves our frontcourt with how Malone has handled rotations. But I agree that he should be better this year. And he's an okay rim protector 

One thing is for sure, he'll be our poster boy for a few seasons, we haven't had one since Mozzy left?

Just so ready for this season to start, can't wait to see how much our youngsters developed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

One thing is for sure, he'll be our poster boy for a few seasons, we haven't had one since Mozzy left?

Just so ready for this season to start, can't wait to see how much our youngsters developed.

Yeah he's truthfully a very solid basketball player and objectively the team got better with him on it......but yeah I hate his game and will crap on him all year lol. 

Can't wait dude. How are you feeling about the over/under on wins? I don't love much this year - the west is going to be so wild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, champ11 said:

Yeah he's truthfully a very solid basketball player and objectively the team got better with him on it......but yeah I hate his game and will crap on him all year lol. 

Can't wait dude. How are you feeling about the over/under on wins? I don't love much this year - the west is going to be so wild. 

Man it's really tough to gauge how many wins we'll have.  I saw on Denverstiffs, they noted Las Vegas gave us a line of 45.5. I say we go over that number and get 50 wins.

 

The wild, wild west will be something to watch all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, champ11 said:

They are talking to Will Barton on an extension too

I like Will so I'd be happy to see him stay especially since we have no SF depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

 

Lot of money but glad we got him locked up. 

Yes!! He will be a key player for us if we want to compete and the way he played last year, worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2017 at 10:09 PM, iLikeDefense said:

Yes!! He will be a key player for us if we want to compete and the way he played last year, worth it!

Pointed it out in the other thread, but it's actually 74m guaranteed with 10m in tough (according to Matt Moore) incentives, so it's an incredible deal. Love locking in the homegrown talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Pointed it out in the other thread, but it's actually 74m guaranteed with 10m in tough (according to Matt Moore) incentives, so it's an incredible deal. Love locking in the homegrown talent. 

Even better, makes me feel "okay" about Plum deal. I just like that we are willing to spend to keep homegrown talent and want to compete. It was tough rebuild but we are starting to see the fruits of our labor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Even better, makes me feel "okay" about Plum deal. I just like that we are willing to spend to keep homegrown talent and want to compete. It was tough rebuild but we are starting to see the fruits of our labor.

Nice to see the team spending and investing in winning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Barton's injury was very minor considering he is primarily used as a scorer/playmaker with the 2nd unit and we had just waived Jameer.

 

So excited for this season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Nice to see Barton's injury was very minor considering he is primarily used as a scorer/playmaker with the 2nd unit and we had just waived Jameer.

 

So excited for this season!

Yeah tonight should be fun. They struggle with the Jazz but it should be a lit game. I'm pretty shocked they are trusting Mudiay as the backup point, but I do like his fit with Barton alright. Going to be interesting to see the backup PF minutes as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×