Denver Nuggets Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

Yeah tonight should be fun. They struggle with the Jazz but it should be a lit game. I'm pretty shocked they are trusting Mudiay as the backup point, but I do like his fit with Barton alright. Going to be interesting to see the backup PF minutes as well. 

I think with Millsap and Lyles playing, there will be some revenge moments I hope.

I sort of am too about Mudiay but they've been praising him all camp. Malone said he's going to run 9 man rotation but honestly it'll be a 10 man. No way, he leaves either Faried or Lyles on the bench majority of the season. If I were to do it, I'd have Faried play depending on the teams we play or if we need a spark.

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Welp we looked really good for 3 quarters at least... 

Just 6 minutes for Faried and 2 for Lyles. 

Utah played high intensity basketball and we folded. Also Malone’s late game rotations were garb.

Juancho only had 4 mins too. Dude can defend and hit the 3 but naw let’s leave him on the bench.

nights like this we will miss a guy who can get his like gallo. Wish Murray would be that guy.

21 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That just sucked so bad bc on one hand it's game one but on the other hand we had so many losses like that last year

That's how I feel and it was to Utah, another likely contender for the last spots in the playoffs.

We need to find a finisher. I'd love Conley or Bledsoe on this team.

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

That's how I feel and it was to Utah, another likely contender for the last spots in the playoffs.

We need to find a finisher. I'd love Conley or Bledsoe on this team.

Yeah, last night certainly can't make anyone feel good about the PG situation. I think Murray will be fine at some point this season, but possibly not ready now. Rubio in Utah is tough but that's how the west goes

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, last night certainly can't make anyone feel good about the PG situation. I think Murray will be fine at some point this season, but possibly not ready now. Rubio in Utah is tough but that's how the west goes

Last night was the first time I wished we had Jameer. LMAO. I believe he would have settled us down a bit because clearly we were frustrated.

So is Chandler done? Dude looked bad.

So we are 1-2 to start the year and our biggest issue is closing games still. Not that I think Gallo was a closer or an elite scorer but I felt like he could still give us points in the 4th. Our two losses were due to not scoring late in the game and locking down the opponent on D. We have to do both or at least one or the other to be successful. The Jazz game sucked since we were winning and couldn't buy a bucket in the 4th qtr. The Wizards game was pretty close but we couldn't stop them and we missed/turned over the ball a few times.

What can Malone do to fix that? Do we even have the personnel to close games? Would Bledsoe help us in that regard? We could be 3-0 but we are sitting at 1-2. We can't afford to have a slow start in the West.

9 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

So we are 1-2 to start the year and our biggest issue is closing games still. Not that I think Gallo was a closer or an elite scorer but I felt like he could still give us points in the 4th. Our two losses were due to not scoring late in the game and locking down the opponent on D. We have to do both or at least one or the other to be successful. The Jazz game sucked since we were winning and couldn't buy a bucket in the 4th qtr. The Wizards game was pretty close but we couldn't stop them and we missed/turned over the ball a few times.

What can Malone do to fix that? Do we even have the personnel to close games? Would Bledsoe help us in that regard? We could be 3-0 but we are sitting at 1-2. We can't afford to have a slow start in the West.

I think Bledsoe would be a huge get. Mudiay and 1st, I'd do it. Why not. Although I do worry about chemistry. When we went nuts in March/April it was clear that a big reason was the team finally gelling together and just having fun out there.

Murray needs to become our closer, granted it's year 2 so I'm not disappointed in him or anything but that's what we need out of him eventually.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think Bledsoe would be a huge get. Mudiay and 1st, I'd do it. Why not. Although I do worry about chemistry. When we went nuts in March/April it was clear that a big reason was the team finally gelling together and just having fun out there.

Murray needs to become our closer, granted it's year 2 so I'm not disappointed in him or anything but that's what we need out of him eventually.

Yeah I'm not stressing yet bc I think the offensive chemistry will get there. It's just tough mixing in someone that's gonna shoot 10 to 15 times and handle the ball a bunch in Millsap. Jokic, Harris, and Millsap are too smart to not make it work.

WTH is wrong with Chandler though? And Juancho getting mono and being out for 4-6 weeks sucks. We're probably going to get to see a lot of Beasley though

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I'm not stressing yet bc I think the offensive chemistry will get there. It's just tough mixing in someone that's gonna shoot 10 to 15 times and handle the ball a bunch in Millsap. Jokic, Harris, and Millsap are too smart to not make it work.

WTH is wrong with Chandler though? And Juancho getting mono and being out for 4-6 weeks sucks. We're probably going to get to see a lot of Beasley though

Yeah I may be jumping the gun a bit about the chemistry. I still think we need a closer on the team for now. I get we all want and hope Murray to be that guy and he hit a big shot last game under a minute but he's just so inexperienced/thinking too much when he's out there. Idk if Bledsoe can take those big shots but I think he would relieve some pressure off Jokic to make plays down the stretch.

My problem with Chandler is that he's not an efficient scorer and he needs to jack up a lot of shots to find his rhythm. His defense has slipped due to all those hip injuries. It really does suck about Juancho but it makes sense why he started off so bad. Leggo Beasley!

13 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

We suck.

Thanks Mudiay for killing your trade value. You had a good game against WAS when there was rumors then you lay a turd in Charlotte.

Obviously too early to panic, but I caught the first half and JFC that was terrible.

Letting Nelson go looks like a mistake. I was iffy on it.....and yeah it's pretty unacceptable to come into an NBA season w/ this level of PG play