Denver Nuggets Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

54 minutes ago, champ11 said:

They were so trash last night. Malone left Jokic on the bench to start the fourth and the bench (which was terrible) lost it. Jokic also looked all pissed off. Rough night, just like their road loss to Portland 

I honestly stopped watching mid way in the 3rd (tired and couldn't stand what I was watching). My issue with this team is the inconsistent PG play, lack of fire (especially with Millsap out), lack of help D especially weak side D, no shows against divisional teams and a growing problem with Jokic (he's too passive at times and needs to accept the responsibility of scoring, playmaking and leading the team).

10 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I honestly stopped watching mid way in the 3rd (tired and couldn't stand what I was watching). My issue with this team is the inconsistent PG play, lack of fire (especially with Millsap out), lack of help D especially weak side D, no shows against divisional teams and a growing problem with Jokic (he's too passive at times and needs to accept the responsibility of scoring, playmaking and leading the team).

I respect you for that. You gotta look out for yourself. My girl went to bed as I was there pissed off waiting for jokic to come back in smh.

But yeah we come and go with the PG play. I can't take Mudiay much more man. 

22 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I respect you for that. You gotta look out for yourself. My girl went to bed as I was there pissed off waiting for jokic to come back in smh.

But yeah we come and go with the PG play. I can't take Mudiay much more man. 

I was starting to buy into Mudiay again but he just isn't a positive on court. He turns over the ball way too much, he can't finish around the rim and his defense is inconsistent. He has improved in shot selection and 3pt shooting but that's about it.

Murray I can live with but the dude needs to make impacts if his shot isn't falling and he just doesn't do that enough.

3 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I was starting to buy into Mudiay again but he just isn't a positive on court. He turns over the ball way too much, he can't finish around the rim and his defense is inconsistent. He has improved in shot selection and 3pt shooting but that's about it.

Murray I can live with but the dude needs to make impacts if his shot isn't falling and he just doesn't do that enough.

There just isn't any creation. I'm high on Murray but he isn't a PG yet. Jokic is a PG, but you can't survive without a PG being able to pass and drive and create and still be successful all the time. 

Completely out on Mudiay. If we moved him for a JAG vet PG tomorrow I wouldn't care. It's borderline disrespectful to make us keep watching him. I've said it for a year, he's still a year to two away from being a passable NBA player. Letting Nelson go was a joke. 

Just now, champ11 said:

There just isn't any creation. I'm high on Murray but he isn't a PG yet. Jokic is a PG, but you can't survive without a PG being able to pass and drive and create and still be successful all the time. 

Completely out on Mudiay. If we moved him for a JAG vet PG tomorrow I wouldn't care. It's borderline disrespectful to make us keep watching him. I've said it for a year, he's still a year to two away from being a passable NBA player. Letting Nelson go was a joke. 

Completely agree. Low key wish we had gotten Kyrie even if we had to give up Murray. We just need to get someone that's a vet or grab a legit player like Conley.

6 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Completely agree. Low key wish we had gotten Kyrie even if we had to give up Murray. We just need to get someone that's a vet or grab a legit player like Conley.

Yeah, it's looking like not going hard after Kyrie, or even Butler, was questionable. They think Murray can be a star - and I agree - but it's just not gonna happen for another year or two. And that may be okay! But mixing Murray's growth process with Mudiay's is brutal. 

I just try to remember that at the end of the day the team has Jokic, Harris, Hernangomez, and Murray who are all under 23 and locks to be good players (IMO). Just holding on to that after these losses lol 

32 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I just try to remember that at the end of the day the team has Jokic, Harris, Hernangomez, and Murray who are all under 23 and locks to be good players (IMO). Just holding on to that after these losses lol 

LOL. That sums up what all Nugget fans are holding on to. Losing Millsap hurts a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have come to terms that watching this team will be super frustrating since they're young and growing together but it has become very apparent to me that Malone is not the coach when these players are playing at elite levels. Also, we need an alpha bad!! Jokic is so passive and it actually hurts our team more often than not.

6 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

So I have come to terms that watching this team will be super frustrating since they're young and growing together but it has become very apparent to me that Malone is not the coach when these players are playing at elite levels. Also, we need an alpha bad!! Jokic is so passive and it actually hurts our team more often than not.

Oh bro do not turn on our unique talent. This team most certainly will need an elite closer as they get better. Jokic can still get flustered emotionally pretty easily and I think he was being a bit soft last night. He's fine though and still working his way back from injury. 

Last night was an ugly game. Defense collapsed down the stretch. Not sure anyone on the team had a good game. So frustrating for sure.

5 hours ago, champ11 said:

Oh bro do not turn on our unique talent. This team most certainly will need an elite closer as they get better. Jokic can still get flustered emotionally pretty easily and I think he was being a bit soft last night. He's fine though and still working his way back from injury. 

Last night was an ugly game. Defense collapsed down the stretch. Not sure anyone on the team had a good game. So frustrating for sure.

I'm not turning on him, just saying that he's too inconsistent with how he plays. He's either really aggressive or way too passive, more of the latter which is what we don't need. You're right, he gets way too flustered and it definitely shows when playing against Nurk.

The past two games were ugly af, only difference was this game was at home.

BTW, I'm on that "start Craig every game from here on out" club!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still haven't really followed NBA too closely yet as NFL season has not ended for me. Followed box scores and caught the national games but that's about it... Love the development of Harris and Murray, a little concerned about Jokic though. He's obviously special on offense, but his defense is so bad. He'll never be a rim protector because he can't jump and isn't particularly long, but he'll never be like a Marc Gasol type either because he cannot move his feet well. Still hope for him to get stronger and smarter, but that will only take him so far. I am all aboard building around him, but I think that makes pairing him with a rim protecting big who can anchor the defense essential. Ideally move the Joker to PF, or just have run with two bigs who share the same role ala the Spurs for awhile with Duncan and ___. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Still haven't really followed NBA too closely yet as NFL season has not ended for me. Followed box scores and caught the national games but that's about it... Love the development of Harris and Murray, a little concerned about Jokic though. He's obviously special on offense, but his defense is so bad. He'll never be a rim protector because he can't jump and isn't particularly long, but he'll never be like a Marc Gasol type either because he cannot move his feet well. Still hope for him to get stronger and smarter, but that will only take him so far. I am all aboard building around him, but I think that makes pairing him with a rim protecting big who can anchor the defense essential. Ideally move the Joker to PF, or just have run with two bigs who share the same role ala the Spurs for awhile with Duncan and ___. 

Would be nice to have a Dedmon type at C, who can play good D and stretch the floor a bit.

On 1/30/2018 at 8:15 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I actually think Jokic is okay at defense. Like his hands are really good and he tries hard. He just has some major weaknesses. I think getting him in a PnR in a playoff series would be a disaster. Totally agree about the rim protecting big - I think the perfect fit is like a prime Serge Ibaka. Why I really wanted Jonathan Isaac in the draft. I think Millsap is a fantastic fit even though he isn't quite the rim protector. It's why I understand why Malone was rolling with the Jokic/Plumlee lineup even though it wasn't ideal offensively. 

Also congrats on the SB breh 

• Like 1