Denver Nuggets Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

Jokic at the 5 is super duper effective for our offense so it would be hard to put him at the 4 paired with a defensive guy at the 5. I think it would be nice to do that at certain points in the game but he really needs to be at the 5 imo.

Guys, Murray is blossoming in front of our eyes. I don't ever buy jerseys but I may cop his. Murray-Garris backcourt is amazing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

I like our one trade today. I was hoping for more to create cap but I think we created $4mil which is nice. Anyone think we buyout Faried or Chandler? I wouldn't mind buying out Faried but that does leave us with minimal big men depth.

Sad to see Mudiay go, mainly because it just makes it 100% (rather than 99%) that the experiment failed. I was so stoked to get him at #7. Unfortunately he just it  pan out, he didn't develop much.

Are they both untradeable?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Sad to see Mudiay go, mainly because it just makes it 100% (rather than 99%) that the experiment failed. I was so stoked to get him at #7. Unfortunately he just it  pan out, he didn't develop much.

Are they both untradeable?

I remember being so hyped after his first game as a pro! Almost a trip dub!

they aren’t but TC is trigger shy.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:38 PM, iLikeDefense said:

I remember being so hyped after his first game as a pro! Almost a trip dub!

they aren’t but TC is trigger shy.

Eh, Faried is untradeable without attaching a first. I don't think they were dying to dump Chandler. They just gotta get off 2 of those 3 deals by next deadline and there is a chance one or both of DA and Chandler opt out (although doubtful). I'm glad they are letting it play out rather than dumping a first, but they might have to eventually tbh. They can't go into the tax next year. 

I love Harris' fit in Denver. I think he's really going to help and improve the team. Hoping for the best for Mudiay - tough situation going to NY. He needed a fresh start 

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Eh, Faried is untradeable without attaching a first. I don't think they were dying to dump Chandler. They just gotta get off 2 of those 3 deals by next deadline and there is a chance one or both of DA and Chandler opt out (although doubtful). I'm glad they are letting it play out rather than dumping a first, but they might have to eventually tbh. They can't go into the tax next year. 

I love Harris' fit in Denver. I think he's really going to help and improve the team. Hoping for the best for Mudiay - tough situation going to NY. He needed a fresh start 

Yeah I've read that they have till next deadline so that does give us time especially on draft night. For some odd reason, I was thinking we had till the start of next season which would have hurt are chances. I wonder if we can't trade any of them, do we buy them out? Not sure how we can pro rate it either.

Harris seems like the prototypical safe and steady PG to play along side Joker, if only he were younger.

What are your thoughts on Monte? He looked smooth from the blowout loss highlights lol

5 hours ago, the lone star said:

Harris can be a quality vet for you all. Can defend both guard positions, and although his offensive game is limited, he can be a spark off the bench at times.

What I like the most is that he's going to make the right decision 9 out of 10 times. Couldn't say that with Moody, it was quite the opposite.

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

Yeah I've read that they have till next deadline so that does give us time especially on draft night. For some odd reason, I was thinking we had till the start of next season which would have hurt are chances. I wonder if we can't trade any of them, do we buy them out? Not sure how we can pro rate it either.

Harris seems like the prototypical safe and steady PG to play along side Joker, if only he were younger.

What are your thoughts on Monte? He looked smooth from the blowout loss highlights lol

Yeah, so the tax is calculated at the end of the year. So they are presumably going to max Jokic (and maybe even re-sign Barton) and are going to be well into the tax to start the year. I think the Kroenkes are willing to go into the tax, but I think it would be foolish to get a start on the tax next year since the penalties get worse and they aren't going to be a tile contender yet. So yeah they just need to lose 2 or 3 of those deals by next deadline. Either way, they are going to have a bunch of cap space next summer - esp if they let Millsap go. I think they go hard after a star next summer.

Harris is a nice cutter and spot up shooter. Love the fit. Morris intrigues me. He seems like he's just a really smart and solid player. I feel like there is definitely a transition period when you are a small guard, but I could see him being an NBA player. Hard to say. I think it would be great for the Nuggets if he was ready to be a backup PG next season bc that will be a definite need going forward.  

26 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, so the tax is calculated at the end of the year. So they are presumably going to max Jokic (and maybe even re-sign Barton) and are going to be well into the tax to start the year. I think the Kroenkes are willing to go into the tax, but I think it would be foolish to get a start on the tax next year since the penalties get worse and they aren't going to be a tile contender yet. So yeah they just need to lose 2 or 3 of those deals by next deadline. Either way, they are going to have a bunch of cap space next summer - esp if they let Millsap go. I think they go hard after a star next summer.

Harris is a nice cutter and spot up shooter. Love the fit. Morris intrigues me. He seems like he's just a really smart and solid player. I feel like there is definitely a transition period when you are a small guard, but I could see him being an NBA player. Hard to say. I think it would be great for the Nuggets if he was ready to be a backup PG next season bc that will be a definite need going forward.  

Yeah, I totally agree with you. No need to hit the luxury tax and rack up those penalties if we can't even get in the top 5 in the West. It may make sense when everyone is in their prime in two years. You really think we'd cut millsap?

It really is a good fit for this team especially since we are playing less organized play and just going with the motion offense. Yes, Morris being our back up next year would be so ideal. When watching him, he looked smooth and comfortable which is excellent for a smallish guard that doesn't play. Now if we can only get Juancho to play like that.

5 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Yeah, I totally agree with you. No need to hit the luxury tax and rack up those penalties if we can't even get in the top 5 in the West. It may make sense when everyone is in their prime in two years. You really think we'd cut millsap?

It really is a good fit for this team especially since we are playing less organized play and just going with the motion offense. Yes, Morris being our back up next year would be so ideal. When watching him, he looked smooth and comfortable which is excellent for a smallish guard that doesn't play. Now if we can only get Juancho to play like that.

I doubt they would decline Millsap's option, but I'm not exactly sure what the money situation would be. Lyles could make a major leap too. But...

Murray

Harris // Barton (or Beasley)

Max level SF (hopefully!) 

Millsap // Lyles or Hernangomez or Lydon 

Jokic // Plumlee

That's a pretty ridiculous skeleton of a team. Millsap and Plumlee will be expiring at the start of that season too, so think they would be pretty easy to move in a deal. Hope that one or two more of their young guys hit. I thought Juancho was a lock to be a great rotational piece so we'll see. 

39 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I doubt they would decline Millsap's option, but I'm not exactly sure what the money situation would be. Lyles could make a major leap too. But...

Murray

Harris // Barton (or Beasley)

Max level SF (hopefully!) 

Millsap // Lyles or Hernangomez or Lydon 

Jokic // Plumlee

That's a pretty ridiculous skeleton of a team. Millsap and Plumlee will be expiring at the start of that season too, so think they would be pretty easy to move in a deal. Hope that one or two more of their young guys hit. I thought Juancho was a lock to be a great rotational piece so we'll see. 

I've read/heard we will try to retain Barton as well as Max Jokic. I'd be fine with that but I'm ok with Barton leaving if he wants a lot cash.

That is a skeleton of a team and that's due to TC accumulating talent at PF spot. I know he didn't know Millsap would come over or how good Lyles would turn out. It would be ideal to move on from Millsap since he's older and we can anticipate a decline sooner than later but I just can't see them doing that since he was our big FA signing and CO guy.

As for my preference these next few years. I'd want to see our team look like this:
Murray/Morris
Harris/Beasley
Defensive SF like a PJ Tucker or Roberson.
Millsap or Lyles/Juancho
Jokic/Dedmon type of a player.