Zach Wilson needs much better O-Linemen and deserves much better WRs/TEs.

• The only O-Linemen worth keeping around long-term are Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker (possibly George Fant too). 

• And Corey Davis as his #1 WR needs to be replaced and upgraded over immediately (throughout both FA and the draft); Elijah Moore is truly the only WR to build around (long term).

• None of these TEs should return past last years 2021 (they're all bargain shopping horse crap).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25 balls dropped by WRs (1.9 per game).

6.8% WR drop rate percentage. 

66 QB hurries (5.0 per game).

136 QB pressures (10.4 per game).

30.6% QB pressure percentage. 

44 sacks (3.3 per game).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now let's look at the NFL's #1 Ranked Offense; the Dallas Cowboys.

(in order to see how and/or why a 4th round QB in Dak Prescott is now considered as a top 5-10 NFL QB).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

28 balls dropped by WRs (1.7 per game).

4.8% WR drop rate percentage. 

46 QB hurries (3.5 per game).

124 QB pressures (7.7 per game).

19.2% QB pressure percentage. 

30 sacks (1.8 per game).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Dak Prescott's WRs/TE don't drop as many passes per game per percentage wise (Ezekiel Elliott accounted for 3 of those 28 drops).

• And his O-Line doesn't account for nearly as many hurries, pressures and/or sacks per game. 

Wake up Jets fans.

Continue to settle for cheap bargain deals of mediocrity players on the O-Line and @ both WR/TE and Zach Wilson easily becomes the next Mark Sanchez/Sam Darnold here in NY. 

If Joe Douglas doesn't go guns blazing on O-Line and WR (TE too) and throughout both Free Agency and the draft?

And Zach Wilson struggles during his 2nd season (unlike Joe Burrow/Justin Herbert/Patrick Mahomes and so many other successful 2nd year QBs)?

Well then Joe Douglas would deserve to be fired.

PS: I love Joe Douglas for putting us in this situation with top 4 Available Salary Cap Space + the NFL's #1 ranked and rated draft capital. 

But now is Joe Douglas's opportunity (while Zach Wilson is on his Rookie contract) to swing for the 2022 Offseason fences and if he doesn't?

And Zach Wilson struggles (because of it)? 

Well then he'll have a lot of questions to answer. 

We haven't featured a true Franchise QB since Joe Namath and even Chad Pennington was surrounded by WRs/RBs/O-Linemen. 

Enough is enough already. 

Because Zach Wilson is way too talented and has too much potential with an A++ Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen type of arm talent for Joe Douglas (or any NFL GM) to not make it his #1 priority of surrounding Zach Wilson with as much Offensive Firepower as humanly possible.

It's okay if Zach Wilson struggles as only a 2nd year QB next year. It happens.

But it won't be "okay" if he struggles due to his Front Office surrounding him with mediocre players @ O-Line/WR/TE due to "bargain shopping". 

• 11 years of no playoffs? 

• Haven't featured a top 5 Offense since 1998 with Vinny/Martin/Keyshawn/Chrebet/O-Line?

It's gotta change and 2022's Offseason is the time to make it happen and that's because we'll probably never be in this type of position with this type of Available Salary Cap Space and with this type of A+ draft capital (ever again); or at least not for the next 10-20+ years. 

PS: I'm 100% confident that Joe Douglas is not going to let Zach Wilson down and I think we'll see an Offensive focused (building around the QB position) and quite like never before too.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

I completely understand the upset….

We didn’t truly surround our most recent ‘franchise qbs’. The joke of a supporting cast the likes of Sanchez, Geno, Darnold had was quite terrible. 

I hope JD makes moves this offseason. I don’t want to lead the league each year in draft capital and cap space. We need production. We haven’t had a productive team since the year we ‘nearly!’ went to the playoffs with Fitzmagic. 

We don’t need to load up on old expensive vets to make this team better. We have the young pieces in place plus a boatload of picks so our young core should be massively upgraded after the draft regardless. 

If I was JD i would bring in the best offensive guard we can get to play RG and then bring in a top receiver through FA and then possibly cut Corey next year. It would cost a fair coin to bring in two top offensive free agents but WE NEED to give Zach every available resource that past qb’s didn’t have.  

We still have a way to go... but how can you say we haven't done enough to help him?

JD a year previous drafted Mekhi Becton and Denzel Mims with our 1st 2 picks. Last offseason signed a legit #2 in Corey Davis and signed OT Morgan Moses. He then actually drafted Wilson, then traded up for a OG/OT in AVT, drafted Elijah Moore and Michael Carter. He also made a trade an in season trade for LDT. So not sure how that's not enough. He's spent pretty much every valuable pick we've had in the draft on offense.

In 2 seasons he's built 4/5 of the OL that actually was pretty good last season. And has us with our starting RB in Carter and 2 WRs in Davis and Moore.

THAT"S INCREDIBLE TO DO IN 2 SEASONS IF ANYTHING!!!

Is there still work to do? 100%... but you cant get 11 starters and depth at WR, RB and TE in 2 years. It's impossible. With cap space and lots of quality draft picks, I expect some of those assets to help Wilson.

Once again..... this is Madden.

giphy.gif

We moved on from John Idzik jr. and Mike Maccagnan. Ticked

Woody Johnson has been staying from football operation. Ticked

Fans finally show some serious confidence in Jets' GM. Unticked  Thank You.😒

Saleh and Douglas have vision to be set in the stone but they should not put more limestone into a cement mixture.

Edited by JetsandI

On 3/10/2022 at 7:13 AM, Bobby816 said:

We still have a way to go... but how can you say we haven't done enough to help him?

JD a year previous drafted Mekhi Becton and Denzel Mims with our 1st 2 picks. Last offseason signed a legit #2 in Corey Davis and signed OT Morgan Moses. He then actually drafted Wilson, then traded up for a OG/OT in AVT, drafted Elijah Moore and Michael Carter. He also made a trade an in season trade for LDT. So not sure how that's not enough. He's spent pretty much every valuable pick we've had in the draft on offense.

In 2 seasons he's built 4/5 of the OL that actually was pretty good last season. And has us with our starting RB in Carter and 2 WRs in Davis and Moore.

THAT"S INCREDIBLE TO DO IN 2 SEASONS IF ANYTHING!!!

Is there still work to do? 100%... but you cant get 11 starters and depth at WR, RB and TE in 2 years. It's impossible. With cap space and lots of quality draft picks, I expect some of those assets to help Wilson.

Once again..... this is Madden.

*isn't Madden