GBN's new top 100

Iamcanadian

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Glad to see the Notre Dame OLiners in the top 10. I think they could be a generational talent.

This is a really strong take. Nelson, yes, is an exceptional talent and deserves to be rated right up there among OG prospects like Brandon Scherff and Zack Martin, but McGlinchey has struggled mightily against speed in his college career. I'm shocked people still consider him a 1st rounder, let alone top 10.

McGlinchey is a solid prospect, I think he could be like a Doug Free type in the league. That's not worth a top 10 investment.

6 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

This is a really strong take. Nelson, yes, is an exceptional talent and deserves to be rated right up there among OG prospects like Brandon Scherff and Zack Martin, but McGlinchey has struggled mightily against speed in his college career. I'm shocked people still consider him a 1st rounder, let alone top 10.

McGlinchey is a solid prospect, I think he could be like a Doug Free type in the league. That's not worth a top 10 investment.

No? not even with how we're seeing poor OLines torpedo entire offenses? I'm high on good offensive line, but I think the NFL is proving that we ought to be.

20 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

He may be more in line for a right tackle role in the nfl than a left tackle one, I will grant you that, but I think even right tackle exclusive linemen are with the first round now if they are good.  The offensive line is just too important. He does struggle with some speed rushers on the outside, but he's very well balanced overall in his game. The thing I like about him is that I think he has very little chance of busting overall....he'd by a dynamite guard if he couldn't hack it at tackle. 

53 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No? not even with how we're seeing poor OLines torpedo entire offenses? I'm high on good offensive line, but I think the NFL is proving that we ought to be.

He's saying McGlinchey as a prospect isn't worth a top 10 investment. I don't see how that equates how he values the OL's role in the game right now.

On 07/11/2017 at 4:25 PM, Jlash said:

He's saying McGlinchey as a prospect isn't worth a top 10 investment. I don't see how that equates how he values the OL's role in the game right now.

Well I'd take a Doug Free in the top 10, especially if I'm one of Seattle, Cinci, Car, Mia, NYG etc. Would shore up the OL meaning their QBs can actually operate. So, it sounds like he undervalues that, to me.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

You remember Doug Free wasn't very good right?

You're underrating him then. He wasn't too bad, and he's certainly a step up from what they've got now. Their right side is now a weak point. Under Free, it might have been the weakest link, but it certainly was still decent enough.

22 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You're underrating him then. He wasn't too bad, and he's certainly a step up from what they've got now. Their right side is now a weak point. Under Free, it might have been the weakest link, but it certainly was still decent enough.

Are you generally of the mindset of drafting for need over talent?

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Are you generally of the mindset of drafting for need over talent?

That's when you get into a lot of trouble.

I probably watched nearly every single snap of Doug Free's career. I can unequivocally say that he was an average NFL tackle. Guy led the league numerous times in holding calls. Sorry, but the next Doug Free and a guy limited to the right side just doesn't excite me much..

Archived