2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

It's going to get super, super crazy for about the next week. Lets keep the free agency stuff to here, keep the around the NFL stuff to the other things that come up across the league. 

I think I'm going to shut down the around the league thread given how long it is, and we will start a new one for the upcoming season a little later. 

For the time being, lets keep the free agency rumors / signings / reactions locked into here as much as possible 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So pretty much they are content in letting Jones go? 

Well, bring Jones to SF then! 

Yeah, he's not going to be back in Arizona. 

I'll be curious to see what his market is. Seems like an easy target for Indy. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Instead of figuring out ways to possibly get someone like Jones or Miller or Gilmore or Jackson, folks are talking about wanting Wager in a SF uniform. Unf'nreal lol.

Feel like a top tier CB is the missing piece of our defense and team overall.

All our other needs can be solved in the draft or young players who we're counting to step up. Just would like a veteran shutdown presence with some playmaking ability. JC Jackson might be too expensive so i'm leaning towards Gilmore on a 3 year deal.

Get a couple of depth pieces, re-sign some guys, do our thing in the draft, Lance takes the next step, and lets go.

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

All our other needs can be solved in the draft or young players who we're counting to step up. Just would like a veteran shutdown presence with some playmaking ability. JC Jackson might be too expensive so i'm leaning towards Gilmore on a 3 year deal

Absolutely! CB’s and Offensive Line is priority anything else people are saying clearly did not watch a 49er game.

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

We need a speed threat opposite Bosa. It's what we brought Dee in for and he's been useless since '19. 

Indeed and special teams needs adjusting as well but those in my opinion come after CB and offensive line.

• Like 1

I want more QB chaos. 

Derek Carr to the Colts? Jimmy G to the Raiders? Matt Ryan to the Browns? Mayfield to the Falcons? (as a bridge/placeholder). Watson to the Panthers? Darnold to the Texans to compete with Mills?

Make it happen GM's! I want some craziness 

Edited by 49ersfan

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

All our other needs can be solved in the draft or young players who we're counting to step up. Just would like a veteran shutdown presence with some playmaking ability. JC Jackson might be too expensive so i'm leaning towards Gilmore on a 3 year deal

Give Gilmore a three year deal with the last year being a team option is the way to go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I want more QB chaos. 

Derek Carr to the Colts? Jimmy G to the Raiders? Matt Ryan to the Browns? Mayfield to the Falcons? (as a bridge/placeholder). Watson to the Panthers? Darnold to the Texans (along with a boatload of picks) to compete with Mills?

Lol…..would make for an already exciting offseason.

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I want more QB chaos. 

Derek Carr to the Colts? Jimmy G to the Raiders? Matt Ryan to the Browns? Mayfield to the Falcons? (as a bridge/placeholder). Watson to the Panthers? Darnold to the Texans (along with a boatload of picks) to compete with Mills?

What can the Colts offer to the Raiders to make them move Carr? Would be interesting if they moved him and then traded for Jimmy. Kind of reminds me of when Mcdaniel traded Cutler lol. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

I want more QB chaos. 

Makes ZERO sense for the Raiders to trade away Carr for Jimmy.

I just want the Jimmy saga to end one way or another. 

• Like 4