2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thanks....But this just looked like a guess from Darlington and he referenced to the wild offseason with all the trades.

This wasn't a report or anything. 

I wasn't intending to make it sound like a report or anything...I was just offering up what his opinion was. 

Just a heads up that I'll probably lock this up soon and we can go back to a more normal "around the NFL" thread since the free agency frenzy is pretty much over. 

My intent was basically just to create a GDT for the opening of free agency for the most part

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psychlone said:

Any chance decision was partially made due to Californias Marginal Tax Rate of 13+ percent for his income bracket? Maybe it was his accountant, not agent that told him to GTHO of Cali?

I don't know if I buy it being about CA, maybe taxes, but IMO this is about money, I just don't buy that after 3yrs he now wants out, what happened before he asked for a trade? Yeah big WR deals, he wants one, it's his agent IMO, he reps DK, McLaurin, & AJ Brown in addition to Deebo.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just a heads up that I'll probably lock this up soon and we can go back to a more normal "around the NFL" thread since the free agency frenzy is pretty much over. 

My intent was basically just to create a GDT for the opening of free agency for the most part

Sounds good to me, let's also hope this Deebo issue is resolved by Day 1 of the draft.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GW21 said:

While agree somewhat, this is a completely different situation. These guys have such a small window of their life that they have to work and they make so much money. I’d live in Siberia for $20M a year if it was only a handful of years. 

Not to belabor the point much though, this guy can make 20 mil per year in multiple places. So with that in mind, living on the WC without an attempt to opt out seems like a strong form of masochism. Even if one is to endure it for themselves, they may have family that they want to protect in more safe and appealing places. Maybe even a place involving a QB with more proven body of work. 

shrugs

I don't care how good a receiver you have, none of them are worth $25m PY. It is the one position that 100% of your production is reliant on another player. It's great for jersey sales but as an on field product you pay your QB, OL, DL and DBs before you pay your WR that kind of money with the current salary cap.

If you could trade Deebo and get Linderbaum and Dax Hill instead, and save $20m per year (depending on trade compensation and how the draft fell) would you take it? You'd be silly not to.

So what if this all goes back to Jimmy. I know they dont need to open up the cap to extend Deebo. But having 25.5 million helps. Curious if Deebo wanted to get something done quickly. 49ers started talking about Deebo agent whos living on the high horse of controlling DK, AJ, And Deebo. Told the 49ers 25 mil per season. (Can't speak on guarantees no clue what that might look like) The 49ers decide to wait and Deebo got mad led to demanding a trade. 

17 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So what if this all goes back to Jimmy. I know they dont need to open up the cap to extend Deebo. But having 25.5 million helps. Curious if Deebo wanted to get something done quickly. 49ers started talking about Deebo agent whos living on the high horse of controlling DK, AJ, And Deebo. Told the 49ers 25 mil per season. (Can't speak on guarantees no clue what that might look like) The 49ers decide to wait and Deebo got mad led to demanding a trade. 

I don't know what role Jimmy would play in this, tbh. I think it's just contract stuff and Deebo got pissed. 

• Like 3