2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well atleast I won't be sitting on the couch with a blanket on my head as if I am watching a horror movie when we are on the clock...

Didn't you skip the draft one day to go see a marvel movie in the theaters? 

Uh Huh Right GIF - Uh Huh Right Well - Discover & Share GIFs

24 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

Weren't we expecting to be Bosa around 30mil per year in 2023? How does picking up his option for 17.8mil effect the cap? Will we have more space than expected?

We dont know until he gets extended what the contract yearly details will be they could keep the same hit in 2023, or lower it or raise it. 

30 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Hold On Wait GIF by MOODMAN

Not last year but the Nick Bosa year I did haha.

Dude, that weekend is still the most epic weekend of entertainment for me:

Thursday - NFL draft day 1

Friday - End Game, NFL draft day 2

Saturday - NFL draft day 3

Sunday - Game of Thrones

Myself and some coworkers took off that Friday. We pre-gamed Endgame and saw it at like 12pm, then went to the bar next door after and drank more until the draft started. It was glorious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

If we were planning on signing tretter, there would not be a reason to delay this announcement 

My thought is, signing Tretter is basically announcing that Mack is retiring.. perhaps he wants to break that news himself at some point... or I'm just grasping 🤣

1 hour ago, 49to5er said:

Weren't we expecting to be Bosa around 30mil per year in 2023? How does picking up his option for 17.8mil effect the cap? Will we have more space than expected?

That's just Bosa's 5th yr option number, if/when an extension is signed, that will change in 2023.

Wouldn't surprise me if we move into the 50s and draft a center. When they have a player in mind and it's a massive need they usually trade up and get him. The question is which center will be the guy if it happens. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Well, somebody needs to let Deebo know this.... I would not use the word patient to describe his behavior...

I can understand him wanting to get the deal done as soon as possible. He may not participate to OTAs, but he's still working out on his own, and he can get injured at any point. That's the risk any NFL player runs. If he tears an ACL, that hurts his future income big time. So I understand him. But... he is under contract. If he's worried about his future and injuries, he can go to the team and make them an offer they can't refuse. I feel like it's always the team that's expected to do that. But he doesn't have that much leverage. If he comes in and asks for 20m per, all guaranteed, does the team say no? But if he holds out for 25m per, that's his own risk. 

• Like 1