Bears trade Mack to LAC for 2nd & 2023 6th

Madmike90

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

With regularity I can agree.

What I mean is that he will wait too long hoping for a play to develop and take the unnecessary big shot (aside from the plays where he was just assumed to be processing), or when using his legs he will not get down early to save a hit but will try to get the extra 5 yards. 

I know he was trying to make a statement and boost a bad offense but even huge guys like Newton and Big Ben got wore down and busted up. I hope he learns to take the 5-7 yards for a first and slide rather than try to get 15 to be in the red zone and getting a SS cracking on him. THAT is what I will be skeptical about him being able to stop doing. 

Yeah, he (like most rookies) needs to get better at recognizing when the right move is to live to fight another play. Take a shot to make a play to score, or for a crucial conversion, etc., but take 3-4 yards on 1st down without a hit rather than 6 and a shot to the ribs. Understand that your health is almost always going to be worth more than those extra few yards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, he (like most rookies) needs to get better at recognizing when the right move is to live to fight another play. Take a shot to make a play to score, or for a crucial conversion, etc., but take 3-4 yards on 1st down without a hit rather than 6 and a shot to the ribs. Understand that your health is almost always going to be worth more than those extra few yards.

***unless you're a non-Bear QB.

We need to remember that caveat. 

On 4/8/2022 at 6:12 PM, Heinz D. said:

I think you're missing my point

I didn't miss your point at all. You made it very clear to everyone when you said (verbatim) "they already upgraded the WR position", which is not true at all.

I'm not making this up. It's right here:

You then doubled down on this idea in response to me when I essentially said "Robinson and Mooney are a much better tandem than Mooney and Pringle is and it's not even debatable".  Which it isn't.

You then argued my point by saying (again, verbatim) "unless you look at the stats".

At which point, I did post the stats that you requested to show you that it really isn't debatable and that Poles has NOT upgraded the WR position at all.

Going from Robinson down to Pringle is not only a downgrade but a very major downgrade at that.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:12 PM, Heinz D. said:

Is Robinson a better receiver than Pringle? For sure

Okay then. So you agree that Pringle is a downgrade from Robinson. And by extension, the FO did NOT upgrade the WR position at all?

Just to finish here.

If you, or anyone, else wants to argue the point that Arob wasn't even a choice for Poles because Arob had already made up his mind 2 years ago that he was leaving Chicago because of how bad the last regime treated him, then that's fine. But that should be saved for a different discussion, and a point you wouldn't hear me argue against either.

But to say this team losing Arob in replace of Pringle is somehow an "upgrade" is a ridiculous stance to make.

I would argue Poles not using the cap space and free agency to find a better replacement for Robinson in the first place was a big mistake.

On 4/12/2022 at 1:11 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

But to say this team losing Arob in replace of Pringle is somehow an "upgrade" is a ridiculous stance to make.

Nope.

Odds are Pringle shows up, big guy.

Robinson didn't do that last year. I don't understand why that's a difficult concept to absorb. Seems pretty cut and dried, to me. 

Also, Pringle's a pretty darn good receiver. We should be happy. 

On 4/12/2022 at 1:06 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

At which point, I did post the stats that you requested to show you that it really isn't debatable and that Poles has NOT upgraded the WR position at all.

Oh. 

You mean...

Allen Robinson REC:38 YARDS: 410  Y/R: 10.8 TD:1

Byron Pringle REC:42 YARDS:538 Y/R: 13.5 TD:5

I guess I missed that. Sorry, I apologize. 

• Like 1

We still have a ton of options at WR both in FA and the draft.

What we seem to be lacking is a taller guy to play the "X" role as ARob did.  Right now my guess is St. Brown is one "X" type they'll look to and hope that he's gonna ascend in Getsy's offense.  He surely knows St Brown's potential upside and his limitations as well.

It wouldn't shock me to see us draft two WRs and bring on a few more UDFA and create all kinds of competition for a roster spot.  What we don't know is where Poles will strike and we won't 'til Day 2.  Too much depends on how the board is looking as the starts and picks start rolling in as players get taken off the board.

If as in past drafts a specific player falls farther than we've expected him to does Poles switch his primary focus at that pick and take the "gift".  Let's say it's a kid like Winfrey whose one of the best 3 tech DT prospects this year.  We've signed Jones but does Poles pass up the guy who may end up being his future "Tommie Harris" DT?  I'm not implying it will be Winfrey I'm only painting the scenario.

My view of our WR core is that we already have more speed than we've had in the past.  If it's Getsy's plan to incorporate shorter fast breaking routes that help Fields to get rid of the ball faster then we want some WRs who are very good crisp route runners with good hands and an ability to separate quickly.  One kind I like is Shakir from BSU.  He seems to be the kind of football player Poles wants.

Another kid we should have a crack at after round 2 is Pierce who along with Tolbert carries a similar ranking.  If we can delay our gratification for a WR 'til later on day 2 or even 'til day 3 it opens up those two 2nd rounders for other high value positions like CB and DT/DE or any OL who may fallen into our laps.  I'd rather take multiple shots at WR in round 3 and after than shoot for one earlier.

• Like 2