Bears trade Mack to LAC for 2nd & 2023 6th

Madmike90

Just now, beardown3231 said:

The Chargers were one of the league's worst teams when it came to sacks. This deal makes sense for them. I still think Quinn to Indy makes a lot of sense, too

I don't see any way after last season why you trade Quinn...when healthy his speed is perfect for this defence...Mack is a different type of pass rusher and after last seasons injury made more sense to move...dead money is a killer but makes us big time players next offseason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't see any way after last season why you trade Quinn...when healthy his speed is perfect for this defence...Mack is a different type of pass rusher and after last seasons injury made more sense to move...dead money is a killer but makes us big time players next offseason.

Because they aren't trying to win in 2022 and Quinn will be nothing in 2023. It's going to be a rebuilding year. 

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Because they aren't trying to win in 2022 and Quinn will be nothing in 2023. It's going to be a rebuilding year. 

I get we are rebuilding no doubt but you can't just trade everyone away...trading Mack makes more sense than Quinn.

• Like 1

I also think this trade is all about what Flus did with so little in Indy...he never had elite outside pass rusher and still made that D work...give him Quinn and even a DE or UT for that saved $6 million or a draft pick alongside Gipson and he will make it work.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Chargers were one of the league's worst teams when it came to sacks. This deal makes sense for them. I still think Quinn to Indy makes a lot of sense, too

I wonder what market for Quinn would be?   2019 and 2021 performances put him as one of best in league.

It would be right move since it looks like Bears are going into a mode of building for 2023 and beyond which I would agree with.  But losing too much can also ruin a culture.

Bears as it stands pre-FA and draft are a team with a lot of questions and holes.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Agreed, but wouldnt you think the same/similar deal would have been there whenever for Mack? 

Feels like you might have been able to squeeze more out of this as teams get more desperate?

Teams could go after Von Miller or Chandler Jones and give up nothing...sure their not Mack especially against the run where the Chargers also needed a ton of help but they would still be great compliments to Bosa...not sure there was much more to gain.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Teams could go after Von Miller or Chandler Jones and give up nothing...sure their not Mack especially against the run where the Chargers also needed a ton of help but they would still be great compliments to Bosa...not sure there was much more to gain.

But only a few teams can get the Millers/Jones' thats why they are looking to make a deal for Mack. There would still be teams looking for his services in a few weeks, and very well could be much more desperate as some teams are assured to strike out in Free Agency

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

But only a few teams can get the Millers/Jones' thats why they are looking to make a deal for Mack. There would still be teams looking for his services in a few weeks, and very well could be much more desperate as some teams are assured to strike out in Free Agency

With the Chargers cap space they were one of those teams...it's why they can take Mack on...I just think they wanted a compliment to what Bosa can do...Mack is perfect for that plus Staley knows him.

• Like 2