Bears trade Mack to LAC for 2nd & 2023 6th

Madmike90

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
· 1m
The #Chargers are taking on all of Mack’s contract — three years at $63.9M. The #Bears move on with the picks. twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…

This in itself is pretty big news and why that 6th probably isn't a 4th in 2023.

Vikings fan coming in peace... you guys must be pissed?

Bears doing a great job of hanging their young QB out to dry. Terrible OL, terible WRs and a terrible D line with no pass rush?

Already wasted one year of his rookie deal and marching straight into a 2nd trash year. 

Bears are going into 2022 with a bottom 5 roster talent wise, no first round pick and a defensive minded coach to nurture your 22 year old QB?

• Like 1

Wow this blindsided me a little bit.

Not sure how to really feel...sad to see him go of course. Dude is a legit top-5 defender when healthy.

Thought we'd have gotten more for Mack but his contract was pretty large so was it probably a hindrance in negotiations.

One thing this trade tells me is that management doesn't really expect this team to seriously contend this upcoming season and that the rebuild is on

Bring it on I guess

Just now, viking said:

Bears doing a great job of hanging their young QB out to dry. Terrible OL, terible WRs and a terrible D line with no pass rush?

Already wasted one year of his rookie deal and marching straight into a 2nd trash year. 

Bears are going into 2022 with a bottom 5 roster talent wise, no first round pick and a defensive minded coach to nurture your 22 year old QB?

Pissed? No not at all...can totally understand the move from an age/injury history/production drop off/ cap hit perspective...we are rebuilding and Mack wasn't going to help with that...Poles is starting to fix Pace's mistakes and there will be some early pain in that but it needs to be done...

Does suck we won't get to see those two or three mind blowing plays a season where he just does something insane but still...move had to be made.

One other thing to keep in mind about this trade...what does it say to those other players? Poles & Flus have come in and basically said if you don't fit here by working hard and the way we want then no one is too big to be gone...this could help set the culture.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, viking said:

If you're "coming in peace" then at least know wtf you're talking about. 

Terrible d line with no pass rush? That's just not true. They were actually very good last season without Mack when he was out injured.

Ill agree with you on the OLnand WRs being terrible..but the season doesn't start tomorrow..still plenty of time to make good moves at both spots .

As for the defensive HC..I mean we'll see. That didn't really stop guys like Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen from having lots of success...just to name a few.

We'll see how it goes with Eberflus. So far he has done a pretty good job of building an offensive staff around Fields.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, viking said:

What is the scenario where they were going to be a legit contender in 2022?

That should answer all your questions.   Bears are doing the right thing for once.

New coaches and new GM and they are rebuilding in 2022 for '23 and '24. 

Don't be shocked if Quinn and/or Jackson get traded too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

One other thing to keep in mind about this trade...what does it say to those other players? Poles & Flus have come in and basically said if you don't fit here by working hard and the way we want then no one is too big to be gone...this could help set the culture.

Except Mack worked hardest of anyone.  You ever watched him practice?

I think it is a straight business decision and not any kind of message.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Except Mack worked hardest of anyone.  You ever watched him practice?

I think it is a straight business decision and not any kind of message.

Your missing my point...I am not saying Mack didn't work hard...the opposite in fact...I am saying that we are looking to set even higher standards and are trying to say to everyone that unless you work the way we expect don't think your too big a name not to be traded or cut because we just took the biggest name in the franchise and moved him on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, viking said:

Steve Harvey What GIF

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If you're "coming in peace" then at least know wtf you're talking about. 

Terrible d line with no pass rush? That's just not true. They were actually very good last season without Mack when he was out injured.

Ill agree with you on the OLnand WRs being terrible..but the season doesn't start tomorrow..still plenty of time to make good moves at both spots .

As for the defensive HC..I mean we'll see. That didn't really stop guys like Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen from having lots of success...just to name a few.

We'll see how it goes with Eberflus. So far he has done a pretty good job of building an offensive staff around Fields.

I see Mack as one of your best players, destroyed the Vikings every match up. 

You've got a rookie QB deal this when you pay the maybe slightly overpaid vets.

Not waste another year of the rookie deal and weaken his supporting cast