2018 Mock Draft v2

ChaRisMa

Scenario:

~Honestly still holding out hope, but to force me down a different road than the last one, I'm going to say we end up with the 10th pick. 

~Martellus Bennett will retire to be a full time SJW.

~Dom Capers "retires" to do commercial for The Hairclub for Men.

New Defensive Coordinator

CQ3T1745-780x520.jpg

Pete Kwiatkowski, Defensive Coordinator currently of the Washington Huskies. Runs the 34 like a boss.

Full, impressive profile: http://www.gohuskies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1757&path=football

Re-Ups

crop_exact_full_image.jpeg?h=400&w=600&q

Davante Adams, WR, Age 26. 4 Years, 44 Million. 17 Million Guaranteed.

~ Future #1 as Jordy fades. Not a Julio but a worthy #1.

SP-WF-packer1-161124.jpg

Morgan Burnett, S, Age 29. 3 Years, 23 Million. 9 Million Guaranteed.

~ So this is a big change from my first mock, when I had us passing on Burnett. At this point, I'm no longer sure we can live without him. I now believe in the value of his communication far more. And by getting him on a three year deal, his contract will expire at the same time as Josh Jones', so we can avoid tying too much up at the position at once. 

140831-corey-linsley-prepping-1080--nfl_

Corey Linsley, C, Age 27. 4 Years, 28 Million. 9 Million Guaranteed.

~ I hate tying up so much money on the OL, but we need him.

6_4064164.jpg

Jeff Janis, WR, Age 27. 1 Year, 2.4 Million. 750K Guaranteed.

~ Okay honestly, has there ever been a better gunner in the history of the NFL? This guy is waiting to crap down dudes throats when they are fielding punts.

Dial_Quinton-hs-season-2017.jpg

Quinton Dial, DL, Age 28. 2 Years, 3 Million. 400K Guaranteed.

~ Good run stopper.

davon-house.jpg?w=640

Davon House, CB, Age 29. 1 Year, 3 Million. 1 Million Guaranteed.

~ We can do worse. 

No Thanks

Jahri Evans, G, Age 35.

~ Good stop-gap, but we can get a younger guy here as well.

Ahmad Brooks, OLB, Age 34.

~ Not sure yet what we have with him, but we need to get a young guy here as well.

Richard Rodgers, TE, Age 27.

~ Sure handed, but no other starter qualities. Best off somewhere with more opportunity.

Demetri Goodson, CB, Age 29.

~ A nice late round shot that never got good enough for more than ST duties.

Brett Goode, LS, Age 33.

~ Injuries catching us with our pants down here. Believe me, I know what getting caught with my pants down is like.

Free Agency

08252016-HawksDallasAdds_026-780x577.jpg

TE Jimmy Graham, Age 31. 3 Years, 30 Million, 15 Million Guaranteed.

~ Graham has not been a good fit in Seattle for whatever reason. In a market that seems to be set up for Graham to break the bank, Ted should pony up the dough. Graham has the hands, and we have the cash. I don't even like the guy. He bothers me for some reason. But, he's the best TE we can get.

OLB Connor Barwin, Age 31. 2 years, 2.4 Million. 400k Guaranteed.

~ A Plan C veteran to backstop the depth at OLB. No idea how he's played this year.

Draft

1.10 Arden Key, OLB, LSU. 6'5" 260 LBS. 4.7 Forty.

~ “Take a good look. His speed, his ferocity, his training. I see the power of belief. I see the Packers defense resurgent.”  I'm honestly not sure what is the biggest need on the defensive side anymore, but if we're picking this high, it's gotta be a pass rusher. Key is long, strong, and he likes to get his friction on. He makes bending the edge look easy at times. We can move on from Matthews, we can move him inside, we can have an obvious strength on Defense, which is the cornerstone this Defense needs to grow.

-2082c55a9049526a.JPG

2.42 Carlton Davis*, CB, Auburn. 6'1" 195 LBS. 4.5 Forty.

~ Davis has size, speed, technique, and a motor. Again, small character issue with a misdemeanor pot ticket, but if we're going for a perimeter CB let's get the most talented one we can. Won't be surprised if he rises. 

SPORTS_141109701_EP_1_INHJGLQLEDWU.jpg?w

3.74 Scott Quessenberry, C/G, UCLA. 6'4" 315 LBS. Fat Guy Forty.

~ Looking for a guy who can play a couple positions on the OL. Quessenberry has been consistently solid in pass protection and has the feet to move in the ground game.

w640-cd6fe11524ab253486c4a7ffd1a32a40.jp

3.98 (Lang Compensation) Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma. 6'1 245 LBS. 4.7 Forty.

~ Undersized, and not a cover linebacker, but he can rush the passer; and that is why I'm taking him here. I want to be fully armed at the position, with pass rush being the cornerstone of the defense moving forward.

UMassPOD-hg-092916-ph01

4.110 Adam Breneman, TE, UMASS. 6'4" 250 LBS. 4.8 Forty.

~ Breneman is a bit of a sleeper in a bad class of TE. Need some depth at this position for sure.

AP81444925770.jpg

5.??? Ryan Finley, QB, NC State. 6'4" 205 LBS. 4.8 Forty.

~ The pick doesn't say anything about Hundley other than that we know we won't have him past 2018. Finley is a nice sized game manager I'd like to pair up with McCarthy and see what develops.

AR-170109796.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=652

5.??? (Tretter Compensation) Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa. 5'11" 195 LBS. 4.5 Forty.

~ That Ohio State game turned a lot of heads. Not ready in pass protection, but a solid runner and great receiver.

6. Chris Hawkins, FS, USC. 5'11 190 LBS. 4.45 Forty.

~ Need another Safety.

7. (Compensatory) Long Snapper

~ Seriously.

7. Long Snapper

~ No, seriously.

Depth Chart

Rodgers/Hundley/Finley

Jones/Montgomery/Wadley/Ripkowski

Nelson/Adams/Cobb/Janis/Yancey

Graham/Kendricks/Breneman

Bakhtiari/Taylor/Linsley/Murphy/Bulaga/Spriggs/McCray/Quessenberry/Amichia

Daniels/Clark/Lowry/Adams/Dial

Key/Martinez/Matthews/Perry/Ryan/Barwin/Thomas/Okoronkwo

King/Randall/House/Davis/Hawkins/Pipkins

Clinton-Dix/Burnett/Jones/Brice/Evans

Crosby/Vogel/New LS

Nice.  I'm on board with KEY or bust!  Like your safety take.  If we pony up for Adams I'm afraid Cobb has got to go. That's just too much money at one position.  OLB-CB at 1 & 2 is definitely the way to go though.

Just curious, but am I the only one who doesn't like those tall lanky type of pass rushers?  Not that I know anything about Key, but I feel like that type of pass rusher is all about finesse and I'd rather have somebody who could do both.  I wouldn't complain about Key though.  If it's a pass rusher, I'm okay with it. 

4 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Nice.  I'm on board with KEY or bust!  Like your safety take.  If we pony up for Adams I'm afraid Cobb has got to go. That's just too much money at one position.  OLB-CB at 1 & 2 is definitely the way to go though.

We’ve got the cash to afford the one year of 30 Million to those three WRs. Under no circumstances do we cut our core guys a year short on a deal unless we absolutely need to for cap purposes. At least we don’t cut that for poor play. It’s a policy that helps us keep cap numbers down at the nefotiting table—we are as honest negotiators as you’ll find in the NFL.

4 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

No thanks on Okoronkwo that early. He's too undersized to be a solid pass rusher. And I like him, but I don't see any scenario where Wadley drops the 5th round.

By the time you get to that point in the draft you are looking for anything with any pass rush skill. That’s at a premium and I’ll pay the price for it.

Wadley I’m confused but I think you mean he goes sooner?

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

By the time you get to that point in the draft you are looking for anything with any pass rush skill. That’s at a premium and I’ll pay the price for it.

Wadley I’m confused but I think you mean he goes sooner?

Not a pick I'd be jumping up and down about but it wouldn't bother me. Like you said, we need anyone with some semblance of a pass rush.

And yes, I see Wadley going 3rd-4th... 5th at the latest. 

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Just curious, but am I the only one who doesn't like those tall lanky type of pass rushers?  Not that I know anything about Key, but I feel like that type of pass rusher is all about finesse and I'd rather have somebody who could do both.  I wouldn't complain about Key though.  If it's a pass rusher, I'm okay with it. 

I target kids who fit the mold of what we traditionally draft. 6’3” 255+ is the mold we most go for, other than Fackrell, who’s light on sand.

Archived