Lets play a game!

J_E_T_$

Which player do you like better?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you want for the Jets?

• Player A
    • Player B

Who do you like better?  They both played for Power 5 conferences.  They remind me of each other.  I'll post the actual players tonight, if you know them, please don't ruin the fun for everyone else.

Tackles Sacks Int FF FR  
  PLAYER A 1 0 0 0 0  
  49 8.5 1 0 0  
  37 14 0 0 1  

PLAYER B 49 7 0 2 0  
  38 3 0 0 0  
  35 9 0 1 0  

I’d need to know a lot more like pressures, TFL, missed T, solo T v Asst, and who were the other linemen. I know this is supposed to be a fun exercise, but I am just not a fan of declaring a player a good PR because of sacks alone.

Akin to this is saying Mosley was the second best LB because he has the second highest T’s. What is missing is his lack of TFL info, T beyond the LOS, missed T, pass coverage grade, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

So pretty much the same in tackles and turnovers, but player A had 14 sacks in his last year? What's the point here?

Which number is bigger 5 or 100? Please discuss...

Player A is Vernon Gholston, the biggest Jets bust ever

Player B is Kayvon Thibodeaux

They both have the same reputation, HUGE physical talent, but lazy and not willing to put in the work to be great.  

5 hours ago, J_E_T_$ said:

Who do you like better?  They both played for Power 5 conferences.  They remind me of each other.  I'll post the actual players tonight, if you know them, please don't ruin the fun for everyone else.

Tackles Sacks Int FF FR  
  PLAYER A 1 0 0 0 0  
  49 8.5 1 0 0  
  37 14 0 0 1  

PLAYER B 49 7 0 2 0  
  38 3 0 0 0  
  35 9 0 1 0  

Player A is Vernon Gholston, the biggest Jets bust ever

Player B is Kayvon Thibodeaux

I bought into the Gholston hype, I was all in.  Talent, great combine, but turned out to be a lazy worthless player. They both have the same reputation, HUGE physical talent, but lazy and not willing to put in the work to be great.  

Oh God here we go. 

Last two draft prospects I remember this fan base comparing to Gholston were Chandler Jones(guys said he was only good cause his brother was Jon Bones Jones) and Whitney Mercilus(guys said he was only good because of his name)

KT is nothing, absolutely nothing like Gholston. Like at all. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Me too, the only reason that Vern Gholston moved up to the six overall all pick in the draft was because of the insane numbers he put up in the combine.

Back about 10 or 11 years ago in the old forum, a guy named Waldo came up with risk factors when drafting a pass rusher. Gholston was a High Risk ( worst). Despite some good numbers, his 4.40 shuttle was a key indicator that he had no twitch. Gholston was drafted 6th because of his college numbers fueled by his good 40 at the combine. Not many people were doing analytics  back in 2008.

19 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Oh God here we go. 

Last two draft prospects I remember this fan base comparing to Gholston were Chandler Jones(guys said he was only good cause his brother was Jon Bones Jones) and Whitney Mercilus(guys said he was only good because of his name)

KT is nothing, absolutely nothing like Gholston. Like at all. 

Agreed 100%. Just watch the tape and I'll be honest I do question some of the things that come out of KTs mouth but I do think he could be a very good football player and I would take him at 4 over anyone else projected there. Gholston also didn't have a 3rd of the brain KT has.