Week 10 Winston & Evans out

doumeyer

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Evans can appeal and still play so I wouldn't rule him out just yet.  

I can't imagine he'd win any appeal. NFL does not want that type of behavior, I'd be shocked if he is on the field. If the Bucs were smart they'd want Evans suspended for this game since they are already missing their starting QB. It would be worse to have 2 weeks missing a major player than one game missing both IMO.

46 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Classic trap game for the Jets. Starting QB and star wide receiver out. Watch Fitzmagic torch us on Sunday it would be just typical!! 

this isnt classic jets. this is wow were not 0-9 jets who fight hard every game. 2015 jets lose 35-10

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

I can't imagine he'd win any appeal. NFL does not want that type of behavior, I'd be shocked if he is on the field. If the Bucs were smart they'd want Evans suspended for this game since they are already missing their starting QB. It would be worse to have 2 weeks missing a major player than one game missing both IMO.

I agree I saw the play on TV it was a flat out flagrant foul, no way he can appeal that stupid  penalty.

Let's not get too cocky or over-confident. We have no business feeling that way, ESPECIALLY when a vast majority of us wanted to lose every game this season. :)

There is some sort of poetic license at work here with Fitzpatrick starting against us. I have felt all along that we upgraded the QB position from Fitzpatrick to McCown, so hopefully he proves it on Sunday.

I really hope the players don't look beyond this Sunday, because heading into the bye week at 5-5 would almost feel like a dream.

J-E-T-S.

9 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Let's not get too cocky or over-confident. We have no business feeling that way, ESPECIALLY when a vast majority of us wanted to lose every game this season. :)

There is some sort of poetic license at work here with Fitzpatrick starting against us. I have felt all along that we upgraded the QB position from Fitzpatrick to McCown, so hopefully he proves it on Sunday.

I really hope the players don't look beyond this Sunday, because heading into the bye week at 5-5 would almost feel like a dream.

J-E-T-S.

Last year we had a tough schedule, and by losing so many games we got to play the weak sisters of the league this year. We still have to play all the other three teams  in our division twice. It is one of the way the league gets parody. I don't know what year the NFL starting doing that, The league would love to have ever team go 8-8. 

With that said JETS 34  TAMPA BAY 10

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Last year we had a tough schedule, and by losing so many games we got to play the weak sisters of the league this year. We still have to play all the other three teams  in our division twice. It is one of the way the league gets parody. I don't know what year the NFL starting doing that, The league would love to have ever team go 8-8. 

With that said JETS 34  TAMPA BAY 10

Bingo I found it, each teams schedule is predicate on your win loss record from  the preceding year. This was started in 2001. So the bottom line is if you had a bad year with a lot of losses you get a easy schedule the next season. And that is why we are playing so many bad teams this year. You still have to beat the bad teams on your schedule, and we are doing that so we will take being 5-5 by Sunday night. The only problem with this is that we will not get any of the players we wanted in the upcoming draft in 2018.

48 minutes ago, s0wra said:

14 of there games were predetermined years ago. Only 2 are based on last year's standings, Cleveland and Jacksonville.

Those two games can either make you a plus 500 team or a sub 500 team, my point is that the league is screwing around with the schedule. And they have been doing it since 2001. The NFL uses a strict scheduling to determine which teams play each other from year to year, BASED ON THE CURRENT DIVISION ALIGNMENTS AND THE FINAL DIVISION STANDING FROM THE PREVIOUS SEASON. So you were wrong the schedule is not make up years in advance. 

Archived