43M's Delusional Mockumentary 3 - Final Pre Draft Mock(s) - Page 5

43M

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

I also recall stating it was idiotic to let Colbert build a team he isnt going to be with going forward.

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

We both did.

I hate to say it because they are a bitter rival, but we went from showing the Ravens how it should be done to getting shown up.  From asset management to get compensatory picks (stupid to play Haeg week 17 when sitting him would have meant a compensatory in the 3rd for Dupree, now we hope for a 4th), to how to replace your GM in his final offseason.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Can we at least see how it goes before the world ends? If this team has not significantly improved by the start of the season, I'll agree with all of you, but what's the point of being so negative? Turn that frown upside down! LMAO

That's fine.  But I rather go in being negative and end up pleasantly surprised than expect big things and turn out without much.

But I'll take it back to last year.  It was not a year to push off money to try for one last Ben ride, we'd be lucky to get into the playoffs, then get blown out; and look what happened.  Barely got in (needed a lot of help and luck) and blown out in the playoffs.

This year we will be really passive to build a team that might sneak in, we'll be right there but either come up close with a ton of bad games or make it and get blown out again.  We'll end up with one of those teams that even getting a franchise QB won't make much of a difference, and we'll be stuck between pay out to draft a QB or trying to put together something and hoping for a Tannehill like resurgence from someone.

I really want them to be aggressive this offseason with everything but QB.  If you can get Brissett for like $3mil cool.  But build a line, get a WR, get a CB, draft heavy at those spots.  Basically put all the eggs in the basket of everything but QB will be set.  If you struggle at the QB spot you know you have to spend draft capital next year to go get that stud.  If you are steady but elsewhere is an issue, you know to keep building the team.

An aggressive/smart  GM would try to build draft choices for next year to move up and get a QB.  Steelers FO is very conservative.  Now that they got a bit burnt by their last trade up, Colbert is going to hunker down and go into do nothing mode.

A smart GM could wait out the first wave of FA and wait to sign in the 2nd, when it does not count vs comp picks.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Can we at least see how it goes before the world ends? If this team has not significantly improved by the start of the season, I'll agree with all of you, but what's the point of being so negative? Turn that frown upside down! LMAO

This negativity is years in the making.   It's not based on where we are now.   Its based on how we got here.  Its based on how little faith I have in Colbert, Tomlin and Rooney.

I hope you can throw this in my face in a year or two.   I really do.

• Like 1

Just now, jebrick said:

An aggressive/smart  GM would try to build draft choices for next year to move up and get a QB.  Steelers FO is very conservative.  Now that they got a bit burnt by their last trade up, Colbert is going to hunker down and go into do nothing mode.

A smart GM could wait out the first wave of FA and wait to sign in the 2nd, when it does not count vs comp picks.

Eh I would say the comp pick thing is irrelevant because we won’t be seeing anyone walk for a big enough contract. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Eh I would say the comp pick thing is irrelevant because we won’t be seeing anyone walk for a big enough contract. 

Should not matter.  They will lose FA.  Having to not worry about losing comp picks just to play your FA is a bonus.  There is no reason for the Steelers to sign a first wave FA this season.  They are in rebuilding mode.

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Should not matter.  They will lose FA.  Having to not worry about losing comp picks just to play your FA is a bonus.  There is no reason for the Steelers to sign a first wave FA this season.  They are in rebuilding mode.

Huh? You don’t lose comp picks. You gain them based on losing players and not replacing them. Only way we would end up with picks is if Juju, Washington, and Haden all dig. And we bring in literally no one. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Huh? You don’t lose comp picks. You gain them based on losing players and not replacing them. Only way we would end up with picks is if Juju, Washington, and Haden all dig. And we bring in literally no one. 

I hope JuJu gets a big fat deal somewhere and has a good year. I'm still bummed that Bud didn't net us a 3rd, at least so far.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope JuJu gets a big fat deal somewhere and has a good year. I'm still bummed that Bud didn't net us a 3rd, at least so far.

He won’t. The playing time part for Haeg in week 17 killed that. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Not quite.  There is a 2nd wave of FA.  i think after a month, that the FA signed do not count vs the comp formula.  So you can lose player via Fa and if you sign Fa in the 2nd wave, they do not count vs the formula.  While not losing comp picks, they do degrade due to other signings, unless you sign the FA after the 1st wave.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

He won’t. The playing time part for Haeg in week 17 killed that. 

The worst part about this is that I definitely feel that Colbert made Trades this passed season because he believed beyond a doubt they'd do well in the compensatory game and he was completely wrong.

Schoebert turned out to be a horrible trade and I still don't know how good the AW trade was yet and we likely won't get any comp picks, he struck out big this passed season In that regard.