Maybe Hue really is trying to get fired?!

hornbybrown

Just a random thought but maybe he knows Marvin Lewis is retiring and he wants the Cincy job.

Could he have been trying to sabotage us by pushing for the AJ trade and at the same time setting himself up better in Cincy with the extra picks.

i know it’s unlikely but....

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The bengals told him if he stayed he’d be Lewis’s successor in a few years after he retired. So I doubt he’s doing that or else he would have just stayed. 

Yeah, but now Jimmy Haslam will be paying his salary for the next 3.5 years.

It's all Mike Brown's cheapskate idea to get back at the team that screwed over his father.

/removes tinfoil hat

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Yeah, but now Jimmy Haslam will be paying his salary for the next 3.5 years.

It's all Mike Brown's cheapskate idea to get back at the team that screwed over his father.

/removes tinfoil hat

He did trade for Carson Palmer while at the raiders and then the next year he was at the Bengals. So my crazy theory has already happened with the same participants doing it

58 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

He did trade for Carson Palmer while at the raiders and then the next year he was at the Bengals. So my crazy theory has already happened with the same participants doing it

It's not a theory if there's a precedent. It's a trend.

Ridiculous. He was being talked about as a successor 2 years ago, but there is no guarantee of him getting the gig in this "what have you done for me lately?" league with such a lobsided losing record. There's usually an obvious answer staring you in the face behind a conspiracy theory: in this case it's the fact that our roster isn't talented enough to be successful in the NFL this season.

On 11/7/2017 at 1:42 AM, hornbybrown said:

Just a random thought but maybe he knows Marvin Lewis is retiring and he wants the Cincy job.

Could he have been trying to sabotage us by pushing for the AJ trade and at the same time setting himself up better in Cincy with the extra picks.

i know it’s unlikely but....

When your record for 2 seasons is 1-31, no owner or FO will touch you with a 10 foot pole. His chances of getting another HCing gig is practically nil.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

When your record for 2 seasons is 1-31, no owner or FO will touch you with a 10 foot pole. His chances of getting another HCing gig is practically nil.

It almost certainly would take a lot of time. He went from the Ravens' QB coach to OC with the Raiders to Raiders head coach. After finishing 8-8 and being fired he took an assistant DB coaching job for a year then became a RB coach for a year and finally got back an OC job until he was hired by the Browns. I'd think his next climb would be even steeper if he doesn't retain his job or at least finish strong this year.

19 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Which is why I don't understand some of the moves he's making....IF this were me....my first HC gig I lasted one year and traded 2 1rst round picks for a retired QB, and at my second place I'll have a record with (est) 4-28 over my first 2 years and ran a questionable ship (some of his coaches left and some were fired after year 1...having questionable relationship with GM's or Ownership especially over crazy trades for QB's....and having my coaching/Administration staff leak internal info) I would be saying to myself.....this is IT...I gotta do whatever I gotta do to turn it around HERE....I wont get another HC gig at the NFL Level. I would be knuckling down, tightening up the ship and working on my relationship with FO. IMO with the young talent we have on the roster, the shape of our salary cap and with the draft capital acquired last year, this year and already into 2019, and the job they have done in FA and trades (Britt vs McCourty, BBCalhoun, Tevon Coley, Zeitler, Tretter and Jamar Taylor)...this front office is not incompetent (What other front office has had us in this type of shape all around with Draft, Trades, FA and Cap??) And I'd be treating this job as THE LAST STAND......and you Turn the Browns into a SB team....AUTOMATIC HOF...

38Last-Stand-m119.jpg 

Archived