Potential Targets

LETSGOBROWNIES

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What I also find interesting is despite all of the smoke and nonsense, the last 2 drafts this FO has done exactly what most fans have assumed in R1-2. No curveballs.

2020: we needed a tackle and a S and we took both.  We had a lot of names at both positions, but they took the obvious needs and players at those positions who met the criteria we’re discussing. Followed guardrails positionally, but that’s not much of a surprise as no S was worth a top 10 pick.

2021: I think Newsome and JOK were probably the two most commonly mocked players and we took them both.  The takeaway here for me is they definitely seemed to follow their guardrails and took the CB before the LB despite very similar prospects talent wise.

Applying that info to this year, what can we project?  I think most fans are expecting either a WR or a DE.  I think those are the first two picks.  Using the guardrails, I’m expecting DE in R1, followed by WR.  I don’t think it’s out of the question to move up again to get a guy they really like in R2.

Great observation.

Darkhorse that could fit would be a DT with a starter last year as a free agent and the other guy assaulting a cop naked. IMO I'd bet on them addressing that position in FA with at least 1 guy who they have penciled in as a starter and then using the Missouri kid and Togiai as your "rotational guys" with potentially another draft pick instead/as well.

If they don't go EDGE and WR in Rounds 1 and 2 (either way, whether that's WR/DE or DE/WR), I'd be surprised.

Devin Lloyd: 4/5 (age)

Nakobe Dean: 4/5* has not tested 

Brian Asamoah: 4/5 (age)

Leo Chenal: 5/5

Chad Muma: 3/5 (age, conference)

Brandon Smith: 5/5

Christian Harris: 5/5

Troy Andersen: 3/5 (age, conference)

Darrian Beavers: 2/5* (age, conference, has not run which considering his size will be key) 

Nik Bonitto: 4/5 (age)

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Brandon Smith: 5/5

He's my personal favorite value pick per likely ending up being good in the LB class.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Christian Harris: 5/5

He's an enigma. Great 2020, poor 2021.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And I don’t know if he plays quite as fast as he tested, but he’s a big boy who’s a between the tackles hammer, which we’ve needed for a long time.

I was thinking about Crossing patterns if you are a WRagainst him and Jok.

I will tell what you get dead WRS as well as DOA Qbs.

No matter how you figure it The Browns will get a huge pass rush this year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hey nerd lover @LETSGOBROWNIES 

Who does Berry like from here at 44? 

My best guesses would be George Pickens and Drake Jackson, but I’ve heard rumors Pickens may have red flags off the field.

I don’t know about at 44, but I could see one of Dean, Chenal, Harris or Smith at linebacker today.  They fit what we like more or less and our LB’s suck.  They’d be plug and play contributors.

Ojabo could be a value pick if they’re willing to wait for him.  Mafe’s age would be counter to what they like, but other than that he’s a solid pass rush option mid second.

But it’s all guesses now.  Based on his track record I’d assume they’ll be young, productive and from a big school/conference.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Perfect world you get a WR but when you’re this far down you just have to draft a good player as your board falls. 

Yeah and that’s what makes guessing now tricky.  There’s still a dozen picks before us.  

Need can’t be nearly as much of a concern at this point as just talent and ability imo 

• Like 2