Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Best case, we’ll be a wild card team, losing in the first round the next 2 years, and No draft capital to get a “premier QB” at a high draft slot in 2023. 

And then we can extend Cousins again for 1-2 years again after that. 

Guess we don't have to play the games. Who are we giving the Lombardi to them?

32 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Then cheer for the Jets. They get a new shiny QB every couple of years. 

You really don’t get it. And that’s ok. I understand you are content to cheer for a mediocre team who doesn’t want to take big risks necessary to turn around a franchise. Because oh no they might end up with the next Ponder and what would they ever do??? 

It’s ok for me to root for the Vikings & not agree with what they are doing. I said the same stuff after the last Cousins deal. And here we are again. I will admit if I’m wrong on this, but I promise you I won’t be. Cousins will not lead this team to a super bowl, ever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

You really don’t get it. And that’s ok. I understand you are content to cheer for a mediocre team who doesn’t want to take big risks necessary to turn around a franchise. Because oh no they might end up with the next Ponder and what would they ever do??? 

It’s ok for me to root for the Vikings & not agree with what they are doing. I said the same stuff after the last Cousins deal. And here we are again. I will admit if I’m wrong on this, but I promise you I won’t be. Cousins will not lead this team to a super bowl, ever. 

Would you even enjoy it if cousins leads us to the super bowl? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I get it just fine. You don't force QB picks or you set your franchise back 4-5 years. There are 31 QBs that don't win the Super Bowl every year. Doesn't mean that a different one won't win it the next year. 

I also get that we hired two guys that were widely admired in league circles, and they may need more than 2 months to implement their vision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

yesterday we had a guy with a gut feeling predicting the future, today we get promises.

what will tomorrow bring, guarantees?

I can guarantee you right now if you want. Kirk will never win a SB with the Vikings or any NFL team for that matter. 

In reality, this was the best choice out of a bunch of bad choices that was left by Spielman for Kwesi.  I don't think there's a single person here that truly believes that Kirk is a fantabulous QB, but he's good enough at this point in time to get by until someone new is found.  This buys them the time to do just that without having to potentially have another Ponder situation.  

• Like 2

Just now, twslhs20 said:

The subhuman aside. This path was the most logical. Will it translate into a championship? Probably not. Most people are ok with that though.

That's where I'm at.  I don't expect it to translate into a championship this year, but I am actually okay with that.  With a transition of leadership in the organization, I'm not expecting miracles.  I'm taking the long-term approach and want to see the direction.  Anything above a playoff appearance is a bonus to me.  

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

That's where I'm at.  I don't expect it to translate into a championship this year, but I am actually okay with that.  With a transition of leadership in the organization, I'm not expecting miracles.  I'm taking the long-term approach and want to see the direction.  Anything above a playoff appearance is a bonus to me.  

And I'm not. Maybe that is unrealistic, but the goal every year, is a championship. If that isn't in the cards, you blow it up until it is. There is no real value in consistently being a .500 franchise.

3 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

And I'm not. Maybe that is unrealistic, but the goal every year, is a championship. If that isn't in the cards, you blow it up until it is. There is no real value in consistently being a .500 franchise.

Sounds like a good way to draft in the top 10 every year

• Like 2