Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Thoughts on Cousins going to the twins game? Some people seem to be up in arms that he takes Tuesdays off. Personally I think it probably helps Jon the rest of the week to take a break from football for a day with the way that he's wired. And I think that it's cool that he didn't make a big deal about it and try to get in a suite and just sat amongst the fans and let his kids experience that

those who are upset at it should notice he's having one of the best years of his career.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Thoughts on Cousins going to the twins game? Some people seem to be up in arms that he takes Tuesdays off. Personally I think it probably helps Jon the rest of the week to take a break from football for a day with the way that he's wired. And I think that it's cool that he didn't make a big deal about it and try to get in a suite and just sat amongst the fans and let his kids experience that

Only one person has an issue with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

It’s Mike Florio with his usual Cousins hit piece BS. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I agree with Florio on many things (maybe somewhat surprisingly), but on this subject, he's dead wrong.  It's a rather ridiculous take.

I agree. I don’t mind Florio for the most part. But he’s off on this take. Ridiculous indeed. 

• Like 1

Florio hates Cousins and it has nothing to do with football. It has much more to do with his positions in 2020 which, while I don’t agree with them, have nothing to do with his performance on the football field or the current state of this team. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Florio hates Cousins and it has nothing to do with football. It has much more to do with his positions in 2020 which, while I don’t agree with them, have nothing to do with his performance on the football field or the current state of this team. 

Florio’s bias against Cousins started well before 2020. 

Florio pretty much got taken to school by Cousins and his reps over his contract situation. Florio likes to consider himself a contract expert, and he was proven dead wrong. He’s had an agenda against Cousins since. 

53 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Florio’s bias against Cousins started well before 2020. 

Florio pretty much got taken to school by Cousins and his reps over his contract situation. Florio likes to consider himself a contract expert, and he was proven dead wrong. He’s had an agenda against Cousins since. 

It’s accelerated since then. But yeah, it’s always been stupid. 

I'm about there as well.  He's been fine and I appreciate some of the good to great things he does...but then there's some of these situational things where he should be able to take more leadership to control the play and either down the ball or get everyone in line in short order and he just doesn't seem to do it.  That part is maddening.  

• Like 1