Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I hope Kirk gets a spot in the Ring of Honor someday. 

He might, but right now, the only one on the current roster guaranteed is Harry.  Obviously, guys like JJ, Danielle and maybe even O'Neill are on track, but we'll have to see how that goes.  The fact that Anthony Carter (and even Robert Smith) are not in the Ring already is a travesty...and there are probably others in the "Ancient" era that probably have been missed as well (Grady Alderman, anyone?).  If Kirk does get in, it may be awhile.  

Just now, swede700 said:

He might, but right now, the only one on the current roster guaranteed is Harry.  Obviously, guys like JJ, Danielle and maybe even O'Neill are on track, but we'll have to see how that goes.  The fact that Anthony Carter (and even Robert Smith) are not in the Ring already is a travesty...and there are probably others in the "Ancient" era that probably have been missed as well (Grady Alderman, anyone?).  If Kirk does get in, it may be awhile.  

Imagine if we hadn't wasted him during the Zimmer years with the revolving coordinators and "run at all costs" philosophy.

• Like 2

O’Connell: "Every single player in our locker room is thinking about our leader, our guy right now. I am just so proud of him. Proud of the way he has played all season long. Whatever is the case, if we don't have him for one snap or for the duration of our season, that will not change the level he played this year, and ultimately what he has meant to me and our organization." 

vikings.com

• Like 1

I feel like a return is inevitable. Just feels like we will linger around long enough where playoffs will continue to be the goal. Maybe we sneak in. Cousins returns, MN grabs a falling QB in the teens; Hall or Dobbs starts week 1 if Kirk isn’t ready.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I feel like a return is inevitable. Just feels like we will linger around long enough where playoffs will continue to be the goal. Maybe we sneak in. Cousins returns, MN grabs a falling QB in the teens; Hall or Dobbs starts week 1 if Kirk isn’t ready.

I'm absolutely fine with that. I also don't think Kirk is going to be out there asking for $40MM a season. 

9 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I'm absolutely fine with that. I also don't think Kirk is going to be out there asking for $40MM a season. 

I don’t either. He doesn’t have much leverage and rehabbing in a new facility while getting familiar with new players and coaches can’t be appealing for a QB his age. 

• Like 1