Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

32 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Why would it if we hired an analytics guy. Would seem he’d be more inclined on finding bargains than getting caught up with mega FA deals.

I don't know why it would, nor am I making a prediction either way.

Just now, Sir Fobos said:

I don't know why it would, nor am I making a prediction either way.

Right, my comment was directed towards the idea we’d pursue a big money FA contract yet applaud an analytics hire when practically speaking, strategies of big FA contracts and analytics probably don’t align. How many big money FA contracts actually work out from a ROI standpoint? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Wait until he gets paid. Will probably get the richest contract ever.

Even when he gets paid, he’d still offer better value/$ then Cousins the past 4 years (plus the next 2, plus the following 1 after the next extension when we have no other reasonable options entering 2023. 

Edited by CriminalMind

Just now, CriminalMind said:

Even when he gets paid, he’d still offer better value/$ then Cousins the past 4 years (plus the next 2, plus the following 1 after the next extension when we have no other reasonable options)

That’s usually how it goes. Win a super bowl on your rookie deal, get paid, and never go back. Burrow missed out this year, just wonder how many chances he will get. Just not easy to find a truly great NFL QB. 

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

That’s usually how it goes. Win a super bowl on your rookie deal, get paid, and never go back. Burrow missed out this year, just wonder how many chances he will get. Just not easy to find a truly great NFL QB. 

AKA the Russell Wilson 

I don't have strong feelings about the Cousins extension one way or another. If that is what the new GM thinks was the best move, I am happy to let it play out and see how the decision turns out. Cousins isn't a bad QB.

However, I am going to disagree with the opinion that Cousins is a top 10 QB at this point. To me, he is a middle of the pack QB. Middle of the pack is pretty good. I've never been 15th best in the world at anything.

• Like 1