What's that? Ah — Playoffs? Don't talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs?

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

7-9 - I see one more win in there, Chargers most likely.

Funny thing is, prior to the season, when I was saying this team could easily go 8-8 I blasted. I weighted that on the schedule and the fact the team kept KNJ as DC and didn't fix the pass rush or LB issues.

I did not see the offense taking a nose dive the way they did. Just not enough on both sides ball to run that schedule with only 1 loss to get into playoff consideration. However, nobody is stepping up in the AFC, so 9-7 might get a team in this year. 

I say we get up for NE and beat them. It'll be another weird international game, on a non traditional field. Raiders will have the overwhelming support and a week of rest with some key guys back. Think Carr and Marshawn will have strong finishes to the year. And Khalil always has a late season surge so that'll be something to look forward to

Then eek out wins at home against the free falling Broncos and Giants. Dallas is a possible win if Zeke is out. Black hole will be rocking for that one. Eagles is a blowout loss if they are still playing their starters. It's possible at that point they won't need to. Chiefs is a loss. Chargers should be a win.

We need Jax to win their division, we hold for breaker over Tenn. 

Start of season I thought 10 wins was needed for wildcard. Now there is a good chance 1 team gets in with 9.

If we end 5-2 here on out with our schedule major strides will have been made. Hopefully Obi amd Conley come back after bye, and everyone else heals up.

As of right now, Philly is really the only team I say we have no shot at, and while we will be underdogs in most we can win.

Time to see what DC and Mack are capable of, and how much the team believes in our leaders.

I see us going down fighting, but end up 8-8. NE, KC Philly being the loses.

Tenn gets in at 9-7

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

i Don’t think we make the playoffs either but with Denver imploding we could just as easily pull this off  

Current record is 4-5. Next 7 games

Patriots...win

2 weeks to prepare, in Mexico (raider majority), NE defense is garbage  

Broncos...win

Theyre imploding worse than us, no direction at the QB spot, can see the defense quitting if they keep losing  

Giants...win

see above  

Chiefs...loss

Toughest game left but we already beat them in KC on a short week, say L to be safe.   

Cowboys...win

home game, potentially no Zeke.

Eagles...loss

agree here

Chargers...win

Still think we’re the better team, point blank. Hopefully the chargers are out of the running at this point. Could be a win and and in situation  

The Raiders finish between 9-7 and 10-6  

Not impossible. But unlikely. But possible. Time will tell. Gotta have faith. 

This team can lose exactly 1 game. 

They will be the underdogs in 5 of their last games. And penciling in Denver and NY as wins seems a stretch with how poorly they've played. 

Playoffs are not happening this year........ face it. All optimism aside. The MASSIVE turnaround this team would need to make would be something crazy. You have a struggling offense who can't run the ball. A defense who can't create turnovers and struggles in all areas. That is not a recipe for Nov/Dec. football.

At the beginning of the year I thought we would regress because I saw a lot of our success coming in close games and we had a ridiculous TO advantage.  This year has been the opposite so far and we are a game and a half out of the playoffs and 2 games behind (2nd place) a KC team that looks like they could fall apart now.  Not saying we are going to make the playoffs but we have a decent chance if we can make some corrections.  Tough schedule but the rest of the division does not have a very easy schedule either.  If we sneak in I do not see us doing much unless we make some major improvements.  I believe our division will not be decided until week 17.

Archived