Week 10- 7 more weeks till he gone

Johnny Nix

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I can't wait for the league to try to defend Burfict's ejection.....by suspending him.  That was the biggest load of sh!!!!!!t of the year, and there's been plenty this year.

I don't think they'll suspend him.  Probably just the biggest fine they can levy to try and show support for the referee.  

12 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

That ref almostwalked into him, like he was trying to draw contact. What a joke.  As far as the decisions, letting Whit go is the only obvious mistake.

Still mad they didn't re-sign at least one of Sanu or Marvin Jones.  I get not keeping both but not keeping either has set us back...

8 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

They both got way overpaid. Would have been good to keep one, but I at least understand.

The common theme that I saw with the players we let walk and the players we kept was "reasonable" salaries versus overpaying a bit.  Keeping Adam Jones, Kirkpatrick, Vinney Rey, because they are reasonably priced versus paying a little more and keeping guys like Sanu and Whitworth is part of the reason we suck.  Sanu is converting those first downs that LaFell can't...

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Thing is, he knows he's gone.  So he's trying to win games this year, instead of setting this team up for next year.  An interim coach would have one eye on next year at least, and probably play guys like John Ross

This is incredible to me. I have no idea how you're at least not getting John Ross four or five touches a game. Screens, end-arounds, straight up go routes. At 3-6, it's tough to foresee a situation in which you make the playoffs, get the guy some burn and see what you have and if he can create anything. At least let him try to build some chemistry with Dalton (assuming Dalton has a long-term future). 

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This is incredible to me. I have no idea how you're at least not getting John Ross four or five touches a game. Screens, end-arounds, straight up go routes. At 3-6, it's tough to foresee a situation in which you make the playoffs, get the guy some burn and see what you have and if he can create anything. At least let him try to build some chemistry with Dalton (assuming Dalton has a long-term future). 

Join the club. That’s what any normal person would do

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I think at this point the only logical conclusion I can come up with is that Lewis wanted someone other than Ross at pick #9.  He was forced to coach him, but he doesn't have to play him.

This is the same head coach who not only has started Bodine every game the last two years he made him a captain for this game. My guess is he thinks Ross “just isn’t ready for playing time.”

14 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Dalton will be around for a while.  He's not a perfect QB, but he's good.  His last couple of years have been his best, if you ask me.  Not much talent around him, and he's still performing at an acceptable level.

As for Ross, yeah, it makes no sense to anyone else either.  I get that he might be a little lacking on knowing the playbook, but he was drafted #9 for a reason.  At some point you have to know what you have in him.  A few designed touches maybe creates an explosive play, and gives the guy some confidence.  And maybe helps get a win!

Wow, what a concept.

19 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think they are saying his conditioning level isn’t where it needs to be yet. But I still don’t see why he can’t be utilized in some specialty packages. It’s not like the guys we have at WR are just killing it to keep him on the Bench

Besides AJ they have all pretty much sucked.  No one can get open.

11 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I honestly would lineup Hewitt more in the backfield to pass protect. Gotta give Dalton more time. Just line Hewitt up behind Ogbeuhi so when he blows his protection Hewitt can help

or right beside Andy so when bodine gets knocked backwards he can help there... Actually there are many places he can help block...

Maybe even  just a full power I.. so when he can pick up one of the defenders on running plays and Mixon will only have to beat like 2 or 3 guys in the backfield.....

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, THE DUKE said:

We already know what's going to happen.  We'll do something like win 3 of our last 4 and finish up 7-9 and no changes will be made and we'll hear about "momentum" then rinse and repeat in 2018.

NostraDukeus strikes again

Archived