Draft watch

Johnny Nix

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

This Lamar Jackson visit is getting too much hype.  He doesn't count as one of our 30 visits because Louisville is 'local'...

My guess is they want to feign interest to try to push him up draft boards. Hopefully get him drafted ahead of 21 or being interest for s trade down.

Did some mocks on how I think the first round will go.  In my mock, McGlinchey, Kolton Miller, Vea, and Davenport are all gone.  That leaves us with a decision between:

• Connor Williams
  • James Daniels
  • Frank Ragnow
  • Billy Price
  • Will Hernandez
  • Isaiah Wynn
  • Rashaad Evans
  • Maurice Hurst
  • Da'Ron Payne

My preference is still Wynn, but I think the Bengals will look at all the interior prospects still on the board and think they can wait until the 2nd round to grab their Guard/Center (or say to themselves they'll trade up in the 2nd to get their guy, although they'll just offer a ham sandwich to try to trade up).  They would have taken Miller or McGlinchey but both are gone.  So that leaves the decision down to three defensive players:

• Rashaad Evans
  • Maurice Hurst
  • Da'Ron Payne

My choice would be Hurst, but knowing the Bengals never take who I want them to early, they will take Da'Ron Payne.  I won't be too mad with the pick, but not my first or second choice with the guys on the board...

This was posted in the Rumors thread in the Draft forum.  Can't confirm if I'm the source or not...xD

13 minutes ago, typecast said:

The Bengals want to address the interior oline in the first.  Isaiah Wynn should be their highest graded IOL when they pick at 21.  They are also one of the few teams that have Frank Ragnow ahead of Daniels and Price.  All three centers could go in the first round and Ragnow at 21 should be taken seriously. 

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

This was posted in the Rumors thread in the Draft forum.  Can't confirm if I'm the source or not...xD

Dave'Te Thomas is the one pumping that rumor.  Was on a podcast, but I'm sure he also posted it on the BBI Giants forum.

8 minutes ago, typecast said:

Dave'Te Thomas is the one pumping that rumor.  Was on a podcast, but I'm sure he also posted it on the BBI Giants forum.

My man. Looking up Dave'Te Thomas I saw this:

"If you are not familiar with him, he has scouted professional football for around 50 years. Over half the teams in the NFL have hired him as a consultant, and he usually puts together the league’s guide on Draft prospects, which has more information on every prospect than you ever wanted to know"

Which is fantastic news for the rumor because the Bengals are known to supplement their smaller scouting department by purchasing guides from draft consultants.  If this is one of those guys, I hope he has Wynn rated very highly...

Archived