Draft watch

Johnny Nix

12 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Bengals brought in James Daniels for a visit. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on trading back and taking a C round 1

Depends on who is available at our first pick. We don't need to use it on a center. If a top DL falls, use it there or on a good tackle. I'm confident we can get a good center in round 2. I'd much rather have Price or Ragnow in 2 than Daniels in 1. 

34 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

With Bodine gone, everyone knows we're desperate for a Center.  If we trade back and another team is interested in James Daniels, they could jump us and snag him...

same thing happened with WR 2 years ago with Boyd. Teams knew what we needed and moved in front to get them. 

48 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

same thing happened with WR 2 years ago with Boyd. Teams knew what we needed and moved in front to get them. 

Losing Sanu + Jones and then losing Zeitler + Whit has really set this team back.  It's inevitable to lose some players but multiple pro bowl level talents in the same position group in the same offseason, woof.  We absolutely need to hit gold in this draft or we just wasted AJ Green's career...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

With Bodine gone, everyone knows we're desperate for a Center.  If we trade back and another team is interested in James Daniels, they could jump us and snag him...

True, and some teams might see Daniels, Price, Ragnow as a G as well. Lots of teams need O-line help as evidenced by poor offensive output across the board last year. Just off the top of my head teams that need O-line:

Ravens, Giants, Panthers, Titans, Patriots, Vikings, Browns, Redskins, Colts, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks, Packers...

I do think one of the centers will be there at our 2nd round pick, just have a feeling it will be Price (the least of whom I want)

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

True, and some teams might see Daniels, Price, Ragnow as a G as well. Lots of teams need O-line help as evidenced by poor offensive output across the board last year. Just off the top of my head teams that need O-line:

Ravens, Giants, Panthers, Titans, Patriots, Vikings, Browns, Redskins, Colts, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks, Packers...

I do think one of the centers will be there at our 2nd round pick, just have a feeling it will be Price (the least of whom I want)

The team that I'm most worried about is the Bills who pick #22.  Incognito just retired/un-retired and Eric Wood is done.  Bodine is their center, lol.  As you stated guys like Ragnow have played guard before, so they could take him as a guard/center.  Which is one of the reasons why I don't want to trade back and I don't want to risk ending up with a "meh" center again.  We need a stud in the middle...

17 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Bengals brought in James Daniels for a visit. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on trading back and taking a C round 1

Personally I'd look to trade back with Cleveland if they stay at #4.  They areb rumored to be looking to move back into the first for a third pick.  I'd offer #21 and our third for all three of their second rounders.  We'd probably have to throw in both thirds, but I'm fine with that.

Grab Ragnow/Daniels for center, Price for RG, Brown for RT and a DT or DE.  

Archived